Dear RainedOut Administrators,
With Spring Leagues having started, we thought now would be a perfect time to send some important info to all of you RainedOut admins. Please take a few minutes and read up on what's new...
Mobile Web App
Introducing RainedOut's latest messaging feature. If you currently own a smartphone (iPhone, Android, Blackberry, etc.) you now have the ability to send messages on the go.
- Log into your admin dashboard
- Under your "Settings" tab you'll see the "Mobile Portal" area
- Enter your email address and send your unique URL to your smartphone
- Bookmark the URL for instant access to your account
- Send messages from your home, office, field, event, etc.
*Any admin using a standard cell phone can use the "Remote Messaging Feature" found at the bottom of your "Settings" to send messages on the go.
Many of you admins asked for something like this, and we're proud to tell you it is now a reality. You now have the ability to remove all members in a group with the click of one button.
End of the season? Last game of the year? Simply log into your account, go to your "Groups" tab and hit the "Purge" button for any group you want to reset for the following season.
$100 in Free Advertising
For a limited time, we're offering all NEW sponsor accounts $100 in free advertising.
Do you currently have...
- Existing sponsors that would like more exposure?
- Good working relationships with local business owners in your community?
- Parents of players on your team that own businesses?
As a reminder, to keep RainedOut a free service we rely on message sponsors to help cover the cost of the service. Now more than ever is your chance to spread the word in your communities about this free advertising offer!
To get you started, simply write your group's name on the top of this form and hand it to potential advertisers:
|Best Practices |
Increasing Your Sign-up Rate
We've noticed some accounts not utilizing our amazingly convenient "mobile opt-in" keyword feature. In regards to signing up, your members should NEVER have to go to the RainedOut website (unless they are using an email address). Instead, you (the admin) could be setting up the mobile opt-in feature with a designated "keyword".
Keys to better mobile opt-in participation:
- At the top of your admin dashboard is the tab "INVITE USERS".
- You'll see "Invite via Mobile Opt In"
- Example, "Text U10RED to 84483 to receive U10 Red Girls alerts from NRW.
- You can also use the "Invite via SmartCode™ on your Website" found on the INVITE USERS tab. This allows you to integrate the sign-up process into your website, so your members do not have to go to our site. Everything can be done from your website.
- Send emails, emails, and more emails with the sign-up instructions! The more you remind your members, the more likely they are to sign-up.
- You can also have your parents or players sign-up after practice or a game. Have them pull out their phones and text the RainedOut shortcode (84483) with your designated keyword. It takes only a few seconds, and you can get most, if not all of your team to sign-up with this method.
- Finally, if you use the service and have a large fan base (arena, race track, event, etc) you can use your PA system to broadcast the mobile opt-in instructions.
Thank you for choosing RainedOut as your mobile communication service. We hope it makes your life easier. If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback please email us HERE.
The RainedOut Team