Domestic terror attacks are increasing in frequency and lethality. Here in the West, attacks in Europe and America are happening so fast it's hard for security professionals to keep up.
When an attack hits home, it's not the CIA or FBI who are first on the scene, it's the local police. They are on the front lines saving lives, protecting the scene and securing evidence.
However, the police are also becoming targets as well. With the increase of IED's, Active Shooter engagements, and ambush attacks from jihadists and other leftist groups, there's never been a more dangerous time to be a police officer.
There's a misconception that nothing can be done to prevent these attacks, but that's wrong. The fact is that local authorities are in a better position to intercept and thwart these attacks than their federal counterparts. But it takes knowledge. And it takes training.
Utilizing tactics and strategies from the US and other counter-terror methods, The Terrorist Next Door: What Police Need to Know About Domestic Terrorism, is the only course of its kind designed to:
- Raise Your Awareness;
- Develop Understanding of the Threat; and
- Enhance Your Defensive Capabilities
PROGRAM OF INSTRUCTION
: Understanding the Threat
- 5 Myths About Lone Wolves: How Politicians and Media Are Getting Our Citizens Killed
- How Terrorists Target & Plan Attacks in Your Community
- Learn How Terrorists Recruit and Operate In Plain Sight
- The Connection Between Global Networks & the Individual
- Case Studies & Lessons From Recent Attacks
: Intercepting and Preventing Attacks
- Why Police Are Being Targeted and How to Protect Yourself
- Learn Threat Recognition, So You Can Thwart Attacks Before They Occur
- How to Engage Suspicious Individuals
- Counter Ambush Tactics: Seeing the Attack Before It Occurs
- Scenario Drills and Practical Exercises
- AND MORE....
Mark Booher is the Senior Instructor for Rubicon Training Group, an intelligence and security operations training provider.
Mark is a veteran of the United States Army where he served in the intelligence and security field conducting force protection and security operations. Mark has studied both the US and British Interrogation Methods and is a Certified Close Protection Specialist. Mark has trained or deployed with every branch of the U.S. military, multi-national forces, and has trained in the West Bank with members of the Israeli Defense Force.
After the military, Mark studied law at University of Arkansas and spent 6 years as a deputy district attorney where he conducted numerous jury trials in cases ranging from murder, robbery, and other crimes of violence.
He has trained thousands of members of the military, law enforcement and the private sector on intelligence and security operations and is a contributor to The Counter Terrorist Magazine.
All members of the criminal justice community (sworn and non-sworn).
Central Virginia Criminal Justice Academy
1200 Church Street
Lynchburg, Virginia 24504
DATES & TIMES
- Tuesday and Wednesday, October 17-18, 2017
- Class starts at 8:00 AM Sharp and ends at 5:00 PM (EST)
$349.00 per person
- Please follow the page prompts for quick, easy registration and confirmation:
Cancellations and Substitutions
- Upon submission of this registration, participants are responsible for payment of this course. Please note that if you do not attend, you are still responsible for payment.
- Substitutions may be made at any time by phone, e-mail or online at the registration site.
Presented in cooperation with