Every day in the Yankton Press & Dakotan beginning Saturday, April 30 we've been releasing a clue to who has been selected to be recognized as one of Yankton's Great 8. "Find Yankton's Great 8" was a campaign from the Yankton CVB to highlight Yankton attractions during National Tourism which took place May 1-7th.
Today is the last day to participate in this campaign and get entered for a chance to win $50.00 in Chamber bucks from each location. While clues were released each day, we are giving everyone through the close of business today to register at each location. We will draw a winner from each location Tuesday, May 10th. In case you missed them in the paper and still want to participate - here are the clues:
- Clue 1 - We actually invite you to 'make waves' at this attraction in Yankton that over 1 million people visit each year. If you stop and visit them, you'll see they are expanding their building.
- Clue 2 - A beaver didn't build this one but it's sure recognized as one of our Great 8. We're not 'bluff'ing! Stop by the visitor center and you'll see what we mean.
- Clue 3 - You'll be able to climb the great marble staircase in 2018, but until then, get your caboose over to our present home to history.
- Clue 4 - You're right on target if you guessed this attraction would make our Great 8.
- Clue 5 - Yankton has over 40 miles of trails, but only one mile that bridges the gap between Nebraska and South Dakota. Swing by the chamber and visitor center with the answer to this question.
- Clue 6 - Just go with the flow to take advantage of this gem. This group located on 2nd street does a great job of promoting the use and preservation.
- Clue 7 - This business was recently voted top place in South Dakota to get a pizza by Food Network Magazine. (Hint: Marilyn Monroe and John Wayne may accompany you while dining here.)
- Clue 8 - Our last and final Yankton's Great 8 is a display that changes each year and is completely free to the public. Head down 3rd street to see this 'old man' and then go inside the house to learn more.