Sales Skills for Economic Development Professionals
June 15, 2012
8:00 am - 12:30 pm
How to hone your sales skills relevant for site selection and expansion decisions, in order to keep your community in the site search process longer instead of being eliminated early.
Who will benefit from this course?
Both experienced and new professionals in economic development will benefit with new insights and skills
- Regional, county-wide and local economic development professionals
- Municipality economic development staff
- Civic leaders and elected officials
- Chambers of Commerce staff
- Business support groups.
What will I learn if I attend the course?
- Enhanced communication skills for making client interaction more valuable, drawing attention to communities that are ready to support the company's success in their community;
- Insights on how site selectors view sales calls, meetings and site visits; and
- A game plan for calling on companies and site selectors.
What topics that will be covered in the course?
- Sales Fundamentals - How people "buy", effective questioning, framing your message
- Portfolio Management
- Sales Outreach - preparation, lead sources, phone skills, outbound appointments/marketing missions, site visits, closing deals, exit interviews
- Community Survivors Exercise