Issues in Nonprofit Governance
April 23, 2014
Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City
Independent Sector and Georgetown Law Continuing Legal Education are co-sponsoring a one-day conference: Issues in Nonprofit Governance: The New World of Social Enterprise and Implications for the Nonprofit Sector.
This program, held on April 23rd, precedes the April 24-25 "Representing & Managing Tax-Exempt Organizations" conference that Georgetown Law CLE has held for the last 31 years. The Independent Sector ("IS") sponsored pre-conference focuses on the intersections of social enterprise and philanthropy, charitable investment, and ethical issues within the nonprofit sector. IS members receive a 30-percent discount on registration, for a savings of $175.
Register today to learn about different models of social enterprise, their impact on 501(c)(3)s, and the ethical implications for charities and foundations. Learn from experts in the field on social enterprise, including:
- Jonathan Greenblatt, White House Office of Social Innovation and Civic Participation
- Antony Bugg-Levine, Nonprofit Finance Fund
- Tracey Kartye, The Annie E. Casey Foundation
- Brinda Ganguly, Rockefeller Foundation
- Sara Brenner, Community Wealth Partners
- Phil Buchanan, Center for Effective Philanthropy
Some sessions of this conference will be available via live webcast.
Independent Sector members receive $175 savings for the Issues in Nonprofit Governance Conference.
Priority Code: NPGREG