Deep Cover: Inside the Minds of Investigative Journalists
The Communications CockTALE Club Presents:
The Communications CockTALE Club, or Club CC, is a new, informal after-hours series hosted by Padilla Speer Beardsley. It's smart, refreshing and, like all clubs, membership has its benefits:
- Cocktails (both unleaded and leaded)
- Delicious appetizers
- Bite-sized 15- to 30-minute presentations from leading Twin Cities communication experts on relevant, timely topics (no hour-long droning on here)
- Free, convenient parking
- No dues, secret handshakes or hazing
Club CC is a chance to eat, drink, network and pick up some applicable, real-world communications information and advice.
Club CC Kick-Off Event
Our inaugural event features former KSTP-TV investigative reporter, Bob McNaney. Bob spent 17 years reporting on some of the Twin Cities' most recognizable companies and names.
During this session, Bob will cover:
- How investigative journalists think
- How they operate, get leads, work/build stories, set up "stings," etc.
- Examples of hard-hitting stories from his past-and the critical take-aways
- What to do if your company finds itself in the crosshairs of an investigative journalist/story
Please join us. And remember to bring quarters for the pay toilets (kidding).