- Roofs, second floor slabs, sheetrock, and exterior walls are complete at Barron and Lancaster.
- Structural steel is nearly complete at North Salem.
- Masonry work is continuing.
- Underground electrical has been installed.
Renovations to existing school buildings began on Friday, February 18th, after the kids were dismissed for vacation. The ceilings are open, and new electrical conduits and plumbing lines are being run. The work is going smoothly and quickly, with no surprises encountered. When school resumes on Monday, February 28th, renovations will continue with second shift work.
What Happens Next?
- HVAC, plumbing, fire protection, and electrical work in the existing school buildings will be completed during second shifts.
- Exterior walls, window blocking, and the roof will be installed at North Salem.
- Interior finish and masonry work on the new additions will continue.
Click here for an updated construction schedule through August. Visit the Salem School District web site for more details, plans, and pictures.