Resident Educator Year 1 Newsletter January, 2017
IMPORTANT! DATE CHANGE FOR REMAINING RESIDENT EDUCATOR SESSION
Please see the NEW date below for the remaining session. Be sure to mark your calendar now. It is important that you attend this session to learn more about the Resident Edu
cator requirements and strategies to
help you continue to grow as a teacher. The session will be held at the Educational Service Center of Lake Erie West, 2275 Collingwood Blvd, Toledo, OH 43620 from 4:30 pm to 6:00 pm.
RE 1.3 Wed. March 8, 2017
Teaching and Learning Cycle
Meeting Cancellations Due to Weather or Other Circumstances
RE sessions will be held as scheduled unless there are extreme conditions that interfere. This would be a rare occurrence. If a session is cancelled or changed, participants will be notified by email from the ESC of Lake Erie West by 2 p.m. so be sure to check your email prior to leaving school.
We hope 2017 is off to a great start for you and your students. Just think you are now halfway through your first year of teaching! The following information is to assist you in staying on track to complete the requirements of the Resident Educator Program.
MID-YEAR REVIEW OF PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS - WHAT YOU SHOULD BE DOING!
- Communicate with their mentor and principal
- Use formative assessment processes to collect and analyze evidence to advance practice and increase student learning
- Use the state-designed formative assessment tools with the support of an assigned certified instructional mentor
- Participate in and document instructional collaborative meetings with mentor through the Collaborative Log and teacher evidence
- Utilize differentiated support and resources to move toward meeting goals and understanding the complexity of teaching at a deeper level
The chart below lists the requirements of the RE Program on the left and the tools to be used as evidence of completion of the requirements on the right. The evidence should be maintained in your binder. It does not have to be turned in but serves as proof that you hav
e completed the requirements of the program.
The focus of the Resident Educator through the support of an instructional mentor, is to practice and embrace the instructional daily processes performed by effective teachers - Assess, Plan, Teach, and Revise as illustrated by the Teaching and Learning Cycle diagram below.