This monthly Resident Educator e-news is designed to provide you with helpful information and resources.
Off to a great start!
Thanks to all who attended the first RE2 session. Your attention and participation is appreciated. We look forward to working with you in the upcoming sessions. Please see the following schedule of the remaining sessions.
RE 2.2 Monday, Nov. 21
Reflection & Analysis
RE 2.3 Tuesday, Feb. 28, 2017
Meeting Cancellations Due to Weather or Other Circumstances
RE sessions will be held as scheduled unless there are extreme conditions that interfere. This would be a rare occurrence. If a session is cancelled or changed, participants will be notified by email from the ESC of Lake Erie West by 2 p.m. so be sure to check your email prior to leaving school.
WHAT YOU SHOULD BE DOING NOW
Resident educators should be working on the requirements listed below, collaboratively with their Mentor, through discussions and feedback about:
- Videotape yourself teaching, review and discuss it with your mentor
- Complete your OTES self-assessment p. 21
- Complete your OTES professional plan and goals p. 53
- Plan frequent meetings with your mentor and document these meeting using the Collaborative Log form on p. 77 of your binder.
- Schedule and complete several observations of other teachers.
- Work on instructional planning using authentic teacher work such as lesson plans and assessments
- Practice using formative and summative assessments to help direct your instruction.
RESOURCES TO ASSIST YOU
Getting Help from Mentors
Formative and Summative Assessments
Video Archive - video clips featuring experts in differentiated instruction