Patti Stern, Principal, PJ & Company
Staging and Interior Decorating
It's hard to believe the New Year is almost here. Before we ring in 2018, we want to express our thanks to our wonderful clients, vendors, friends and family who have supported us through the years. Thanks to you all, this month we are proud to be celebrating our 12th Anniversary!
With the start of a new year we always enjoy sharing our favorite design trends and hope you will consider incorporating them into your own decor. The metallic trend continues to shine as one of the top accessories for creating instant warmth and elegance to any space. We love pairing gold and silver metallic votives, lamps and vases with a mix of organic elements and textured fabrics in any space. See below for some examples and inspiration from recent projects we completed this year.
Wishing you a happy, healthy holiday season and may the New Year sparkle with love, joy and beautiful home decor!
A THANK YOU GIFT FOR OUR 12TH ANNIVERSARY
To celebrate our
we are offering
$50 off a home decorating consultation
with one of our designers.
No matter what your style, schedule or budget, we can help refresh any
for the new year.
to schedule and mention
"The Style Report"
through January 31, 2018.
Visit our website here for more
interior decorating photos.
COLOR FORECAST FOR 2018
Our collage below features a mix of the industry color experts picks for Color of the Year - Benjamin Moore's Caliente AF-290 and Pantone's Ultra Violet 18-3838. Both hues exude strength, happiness, energy, change, confidence, depth and imagination - all things we hope you will possess in the coming year.
If you would like help with adding fresh colors and decor to your home this season,
to schedule a consultation with one of our designers.
HOW TO FIND YOUR CREATIVE EYE
DECORATING YOUR HOME
As we look forward to a fresh start for the coming year, its a perfect time to push your home decor's reset button. Whether you're moving into a brand new home or ready to make your existing home decorating dreams a reality, the following steps will help make the process less overwhelming.
- Start with the room's shell - choose flooring, wall color and window coverings that showcase architectural features.
- Then focus on furnishings to fit your floor plan and enhance function and flow of rooms.
- Last, layer in rugs, art and accessories with different textures to create depth and sophisticated style.
2. Be Open Minded & Flexible
- When creating any work of art, you must be willing to change your mind along the way as part of the decorating process.
- Experiment with placement of pieces so you'll feel confident in your final decisions.
- Trust your instincts - you'll know its right when you see it.
3. Be Inspired by Key Elements
- Look at your furnishings (a favorite area rug, artwork or fabric) and choose a complementary color palette for walls and other accents.
- Build on existing colors while staying open to updating with a fresh interpretation.
4. Create a "Shopping Area"
- Collect all accessories into one area such as a large table or corner of room.
- Once all the walls are painted, floors finished and furniture placed, test out items in different rooms to see what works best.
- Bring new life to old items by featuring them in new and unexpected ways.
5. Don't Be Afraid to Hire a Professional
- A professional decorator will offer a fresh perspective and help you save time and money in the long run by recommending practical and creative solutions to maximize existing resources and budget.
EARLY SPRING SELLING CHECKLIST
With the early spring selling season kicking off shortly after the New Year, it's time to give your home the boost it needs to meet today's buyers' expectations. Take advantage of being inside during the cold winter months with these quick fixes that will help your property stand out from the competition, boost its value and sell quickly.
1. Declutter & Organize
- Pack up anything that will distract buyers from seeing the unique features of your property such as personal collections, family photos, newspapers, books and magazines.
- Rearrange and remove excessive furniture to simplify and make the room appear larger.
2. Make Basic Repairs & Updates
- Repair and replace broken light switches, bulbs, ceiling fans, door knobs, leaky faucets, shower heads, windows, thermostats, etc.
- Update lighting fixtures with contemporary styles and consider replacing older kitchen appliances with sleek, eco-friendly models to capture young buyer interest.
3. Refresh and Brighten With Paint
- Remove wallpaper and cover bold wall colors with a fresh coat of neutral paint to set the perfect backdrop for simple, updated styling.
- Give older style kitchen cabinets or wood vanities an instant facelift by covering with bright white or dark espresso paint.
4. Add Storage Options
- Added storage solutions such as built-in bookshelves, window seats with storage underneath, entry storage units, and extra closet hooks and rods are a practical way to attract immediate buyer attention.
5. Partner With a Pro
- Consult with a professional stager who will have an objective eye and knowledge of what appeals to today's sophisticated buyers to enhance your home showings for a quick and easy sale at top dollar.