- Night work is conducted Sunday thru Thursday from 8 p.m. - 9 a.m.
- NO NIGHTWORK – Wednesday, July 11 thru Saturday, July 14.
- Day work is conducted Monday thru Friday for road and drainage work from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Bridge work is conducted Monday thru Saturday from 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
*Expect up to 20-minute delays in the project area.
Construction Schedule Updates:
The Contractor has the following tasks scheduled thru July 17:
- Utility locating will take place throughout the project area. Expect traffic controls.
- Near the West roundabout located along SR 89 coming into Tahoe from Truckee, utility work will start on Monday, July 16.
- On the new SR 89 alignment – no traffic impacts. Storm drains will be installed along with utility work happening.
- Southwest Gas will continue to work on the realignment.
Please Note that Traffic Control Includes:
- Normal temporary lane closures utilizing flaggers with a maximum 20-minute delay.
- Flaggers are located at parking lot entrances to allow access.
- No businesses will be blocked.
- At the West Roundabout (near the Caltrans Maintenance Yard) K-Rail has been placed with reduced lane widths to 11-ft – same configuration as last year. K-Rail for the East Roundabout (near the Transit Center entrance) will also reduce lane widths to 11 feet.
Shared-Use Paths for Cyclists and Pedestrians:
- Detours will be set.
- No paths will be closed.
Stay Informed and Share with Others:
Project construction hotline number:
775-589-5500 ext. 9
Project Lead Agency:
Central Federal Lands Highway Division of the Federal Highway Administration (CFLHD-FHWA)
Project Local Lead Agency:
Tahoe Transportation District (TTD)
Project Delivery Team:
CFLHD-FHWA, Tahoe Transportation District (TTD), Placer County, Tahoe Regional Planning Agency (TRPA), Caltrans, TCPUD, and the United States Forest Service (USFS)