Road closures related to the 41st Annual National Shrimp Festival
Gulf Shores, Ala - October 8, 2012 - The City of Gulf Shores would like to make all residents and visitors aware of the following road closures related to the 41st Annual National Shrimp Festival.
- East Gulf Place is now closed to all vehicular traffic
- Gulf Place will close to all vehicular traffic beginning at 5:00 a.m. on Tuesday, October 9.
- Highway 59 will close to all vehicular traffic at W. 1st Ave heading south at 5:00 a.m. on Wednesday, October 10.
- Access to West Beach will be available through Windmill Ridge Rd or by taking W. 1st Ave to W. 3rd St.
- Access eastbound to Orange Beach will be available through the Gulf State Park, Canal Rd or by taking E. 1st Ave to E. 2nd St.
- All normal traffic conditions on Highway 59 will resume at 7:00 a.m. on Monday, October 15.
- Gulf Place will reopen at 8:00 a.m. on Tuesday, October 16.
For more information regarding detours or closures, contact the Alabama Gulf Coast Area Chamber of Commerce at 251-968-6904 or visit the Shrimp Festival website.
- All public beaches will remain open throughout the festival.
City of Gulf Shores
P.O. Box 299 - 1905 W. 1st St
Gulf Shores, AL 36547