Sewing Machine Mechanic
Sewing machine mechanic will be responsible for repairing industrial and consumer sewing machines along with related equipment. A high school diploma is often a minimum requirement for this position, though this is not always the case. The most important qualification for the position is expertise relating to the technical and mechanical repair of sewing machines, and at RSC we offer both on-the-job training as well as seminar training straight from the manufacturer.
Sewing machines vary in the ways they need to be repaired and maintained, so broad knowledge of how they work is essential. Not only do these mechanics repair sewing machines, but they also perform routine maintenance throughout the facility.
Problem-solving skills are important in this position, as troubleshooting may occasionally be necessary in order to identify problems. Some jobs may require these mechanics to modify parts for sewing machines to complete repair jobs. Much of the work is done independently, so it is important to be able to adhere to all time-constraints; another part of the job includes instructing customers about how to clean and maintain their sewing equipment, taking in repairs that are dropped off by customers and providing estimates.
Communication skills are important in order to work well with customers and leadership staff. Writing detailed repair tickets is important.
This position may also require sewing machine mechanics to be on-call or perform repair calls at customer locations. Basic physical strength to lift the machinery involved and dexterity to fix machines are also required.
Sewing Machine Mechanic Tasks
- Conduct routine maintenance checks on machines and other equipment in store.
- Take in customer machines requiring evaluation.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair machines/parts.
- Provide customers with repair/maintenance quotes.
- Maintain repair parts and documentation of machine repairs.
- Train or instruct employees/customers on proper use and operation of machines.
- Support regular building maintenance activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
If you are interested, please call Roberts
and ask for Jane.