One of our favorite races, Run to Remember, is less than a month away and we wanted to share with you the Top 10 reasons why this race is so special!
- This race honors those who have given the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom and supports local veterans. Last year, we raised over $10,000 with our main beneficiary as Northwest Battle Buddies, an organization that provides service dogs FREE of charge to veterans suffering from PTSD.
- The course is flat & fast - perfect for a Personal Best
- 3 different races including a 5K, 10K & the Memorial Day Mile. Some athletes do the double challenge starting with the Mile to see how fast they can run it and then follow it up with the 5K or 10K. It will definitely help you earn any Memorial Day BBQs! The Mile is also a perfect distance for kids and/or those who aren't up for the longer distances!
- The scenery is gorgeous as the course travels along the Columbia River with views of Mt. Hood and the Gorge!
SWAG is off the charts! Check out these cool Finisher's Medals & Shirts! You know you want one!
6. The first 500 who register also get these super cool patriotic Run to Remember Buffs! The design is super awesome!
7. We treat you to an
awesome brunch after you cross the finish line!
FREE BEER! Thanks Deschutes Brewery!#WillRunForDeschutesBrewery
Washougal WA is such a quaint city that you have to check out. From Portland, it's just East of the I205 Bridge. Totally worth the drive! And the parking is super easy!
10. This race is a wonderful way to celebrate Memorial Day weekend and
teach your kids what the holiday is all about! We scheduled the race for Saturday morning so if you want to head out of town, you can do the race and still have a couple days to camp or travel for the long weekend.
We hope you'll join us!
Sherri McMillan and your WHY Racing Crew