The South Asian Bar Association of Northern California (SABA-NC) would like to extend its heartiest congratulations and best wishes to the South Asian candidates who prevailed in November's historic election in California.
- Kamala Harris - U.S. Senate
- Ash Kalra - California State Assembly
- Ro Khanna - U.S. House of Representatives
- Ami Bera - U.S. House of Representatives
SABA-NC also offers its congratulations to the SABA-NC endorsed judicial candidates who won in the general election.
- Sheila Lichtblau - Marin County Superior Court Judge
- Victor Hwang - San Francisco County Superior Court Judge
- Jennifer Madden - Alameda County Superior Court Judge
SABA-NC signs on to the following statements issued by SABA North America in the wake of the 2016 Presidential Election.
We echo the call for inclusivity and condemn the increase in hateful rhetoric and attacks that have taken place since the election. SABA North America has put together a
list of resources
for those who have experienced hate crimes and discrimination.
Some of these attacks and hateful incidents have taken place close to home. The following are only some of the anti-Muslim or anti-South Asian incidents that have occurred in the Bay Area in the last few months.
As leaders in the legal community, we must stand together and combat racially and religiously motivated discrimination. If you hear of hate crimes or attacks as a result of this discrimination, please advise the affected individuals to report them to
, and we will connect them to the appropriate service providers.