Join us for this paradigm shifting training!
Lorenza Holt, BDT (DONA)
Spinning Babies Approved Trainer
Do you work with pregnant, birthing or postpartum women?
If so this workshop is for you!
Sunday, October 22 2017 9AM-6PM
Good Samaritan Medical Center
Moakley Building, Conference Room A&B
235 N Pearl St., Brockton, MA 02301
The Three Principles of
are Balance, Gravity and Movement
Learn how to encourage and support pregnant women in having more comfortable pregnancies, and birthing mothers in having easier labors,
by using the
Spinning Babies will teach you about:
- The anatomy and physiology of the pregnant uterus and the soft tissues that support the pelvic structure
- Belly Mapping - a fun and effective way that encourages mothers to connect with how their babies are positioned inside them during the last weeks of pregnancy
- Daily and weekly activities pregnant women can practice to promote more comfort in pregnancy, overall suppleness around the pelvis, and as a result, easier births
- The effects of an occiput posterior labor
- Assessing what an irregular labor pattern is telling us
- What techniques we can apply to ease labor progress through the three levels of the pelvis
will help you know when to do what and why, so that you can assist a "failure to progress" by using techniques that can help a baby to engage, rotate, and descend through the three levels of the pelvis.
is an approved Spinning Babies trainer, BACE-certified childbirth educator, DONA approved birth doula trainer and a practicing doula. She has been a birth advocate in the Boston area for over 25 years. Passionate about normal birth, Lorenza has supported hundreds of laboring women.
Come join us for this unforgettable training!
Continuing Education Credits: BACE/NMC
DONA International Continuing Education Hours approved
(DONA credits are
recognized by ICEA and Lamaze). Meets criteria of the Comm. of MA Board of Nursing regulations: (244 CMR, section 5:00) for continuing education for nursing re-licensure for 8.4 contact hours.