ZEN CRUISE SACRED EXCURSION IN COZUMEL
Opening Mayan Cacao Ceremony,
Temazcal (Mayan Steam Lodge),
Cenote (Natural Swimming Hole),
Interactive Mayan Healing Music,
Jungle Hike to Mayan Ruins, *Zentangle Mandala Art Class,
Traditional Mayan Vegetarian/Vegan Lunch,
Local Artisan Market, Humanitarian Outreach Visit,
Closing Mayan Shamanic Ceremony.
7.15am - 5.30pm
$145 with Temazcal / $110 without Temazcal (All Inclusive)
(*Please note we only have 90 spaces for the Temazcal experience.
Participants who do not choose the Temazcal will have a Zentangle Mandala art class)
Deadline to book is: Friday, Feb 26t
- Booking: is required. Participant must book and pay by the DEADLINE of Feb 26th. We have limited space and cannot guarantee a spot after Feb 26th. Please tell everyone in your party.
Here are the instructions to pay for the excursion online:
If this is your first time logging in, or if you cannot remember your user name/password, please click on Forgot Username/Password link
to reset your password and username.
Click on View Your Account.
Click on View/Modify button under your reservation number.
Click on Add More Options. This will take you to the Excursion Registration page, and you can book and pay for your Cozumel excursion here. READ the directions on the top of this page and follow them to ensure you book with ease.
If you have any trouble accessing your account or adding options, please email email@example.com for assistance.
- Breakfast/food: Please make sure to eat a good breakfast before you leave the ship and/or pack a snack to bring. DRINK: Please bring a water bottle filled before you leave the ship. At the location, we will have snacks available and lunch will be provided.
- Meeting point: 7:15AM SHARP we meet in the conference center after you get breakfast. Please DO NOT be late. We have a 10-15 minute walk to our meeting point for transportation and must leave as a group.
- Transportation: This is included in the price and the ride will only be about 15-20 minutes to the sacred site.
- Site: The site is in the jungle. There are several locations set up for us to break up into small groups for the experiences. Each experience will be anywhere from 45-60mins. *For our opening Cacao Ceremony, Lunch and Closing Ceremony we will all be together as one.
- What to bring: Backpack large enough to hold your items and anything you purchase in the artisan market. Walking shoes/sneakers, towel, bathing suit, bug repellent, light long-sleeve cover-up for jungle hike, filled water bottle, camera, us money (for artisan market), required medication, and anything else you need to have a comfortable day out. For Temazcal: avoid use of make up, sun screen or products that block the sweating. Alcohol beverages and/or heavy meals before the temazcal are not recommended.
- Donation Item: Humanitarian outreach (details about The Chrysalis Group below). Backpacks (new or very close to new please), Individual pencil sharpeners (the kind you hold with your hand, not with two fingers), Rulers, Geometry sets (compass, protractor and triangles), Liquid White Out (individual bottles), Spiral notebooks with 90-100 lined pages (specifically requested)
About each experience:
- Tamazcal/Mayan Steam Lodge: The word "Temazcal" is derived from the ancient Aztec dialect Nahuatl, for "House of Steam", Temaz, meaning steam and Calli, meaning house. The temazcal was used widely among the Aztecs and Maya that populated Mesoamérica. For centuries it was a therapeutic instrument, an arm of the medical practice. The temazcal comes to modern times as a relaxing and cleansing therapy for the nervous system and a reactivation of the skin cells. The elimination of fat and stimulation of the blood vessels is activated in the bath, also bringing beneficial effects to the digestive and respiratory systems. You will be led through the various phases of the process: the recognition of North, East, South and West and their significance to the Mayas. Then into the temazcal for the four phases of cleansing and the five points of visualization.
- Cacao Ceremony: A cacao ceremony is an opportunity to connect to yourself and open your heart. Because of cacao's ability to increase your connection to your inner self and your heart chakra, it aids in any transformational shift you are working towards, whether you are looking to deepen your understanding of who you are, release old patterns and traumas, or move into a more self-confident space. Whatever your path, the intention is yours to set, and the cacao allows you to the insight and awareness to move towards that goal.
- Cenotes: Cenotes are natural swimming holes formed by the collapse of porous limestone bedrock, which has revealed a secret subterranean world of groundwater pools. Open-air cenotes have clear water, and often are home to vitamin- and mineral-rich algae that nourish and protect your skin. The Mayans revered cenotes because they were a water source in dry times; the name cenote means 'sacred well'. Mayans settled villages around these spiritual wells and believed that they were a portal to speak with the gods. Today you can still see why cenotes held the Mayans in awe. Swimming in the pristine waters feels like stepping into prehistory, where giant tropical trees and vines form wild cathedral walls leading up to shafts of sunlight.
- Silent Hike & Ruins Tour: Be guided through the jungle on a meditative journey back in time as we learn about the Mayan culture and experience Sacred Mayan tree (ceiba), Mayan tomb & ruins and Mayan legends.
- Live Pre-Hispanic Interactive Healing Music: This 45 min session with pre-hispanic instruments, incudes sacred drumming and chanting. You will experience a bath of sounds that will bring you back to your natural biorhythm, and add your own rhythm with sonajas and castanets.
- Zentangle Art Class: With a open heart, The Zentangle Method is an easy-to-learn, relaxing, and fun way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns. Learn create beautiful images as it increases focus and creativity, provides artistic satisfaction along with an increased sense of personal well-being. Zentangle Method is an elegant metaphor for deliberate artistry in life.
- Traditional Mayan Vegetarian/Vegan Lunch: Professional Restaurant and catering company will offer buffet style lunch including: Veggie traditional under ground cooking with wood, White rice, Black beans, Tortilla, Couscous table style, Mix salad with panela cheese and nuts classic vinaigrette, Spaghetti with tomato and epazote, Assorted Mexican cheese bar, Grapes and strawberries, water, ice tea & lemon water.
- Complementary Snack bar station: Includes jicama, carrots, pretzels, peanuts and fresh fruit. Water and iced tea.
*SUGGESTED DONATION ITEMS -
We humbly invite each of you to bring one or more items with you on the excursion to contribute to our donation to the schoolchildren:
Backpacks (new or very close to new please),
Individual pencil sharpeners (the kind you hold with your hand, not with two fingers),
Rulers, Geometry sets (compass, protractor and triangles),
Liquid White Out (individual bottles),
Spiral notebooks with 90-100 lined pages (specifically requested).