Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh
- HAAR is the 4th month of the punjabi calender.
- The Sikhs asked Sri Guru Arjun Dev Ji for advice on how to celebrate
Sangrand (First Day of the New Month). Guru Ji proceeded to write the following Gurbani :
Barah Maha (Majh Mahala 5, Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji , pg 133).
They told the Sikhs to gather in the Gurdwara Sahib and read this
Bani on every Sangrand.
- The Barah Maha has one paragraph devoted to each month.
- Each paragraph therefore is a call for Sikhs to celebrate Sangrand.
- Each paragraph tells the Sikhs (Updesh) how to live the rest of the days of that particular month.