Dear Members, Friends, and Neighbors,
2015 has been another active and productive year at the Haddam Historical Society and Thankful Arnold House Museum. In addition to celebrating the organization's 60th anniversary we also commemorated 50 years of the Thankful Arnold House Museum. Below are just a few of the highlights of 2015.
- 23rd Annual Winter Woolies Knitting Gathering at the museum
- Conducted community focus groups with grant from Connecticut Humanities
- Hosted the 42nd Connecticut Spring Antiques Show at the Hartford Armory
- Conducted educational programs for H-K third, fourth and fifth graders, girl and boy scouts and home schooled students
- Held our 10th summer children's program-A Week in the Life of an Early American Child
- Installed a new wood shingle roof on the museum's ell
- Hosted our first Vintage Market in Field Park
- Drafted and Sponsored Demolition Delay Ordinance which was passed in July
- Renovated and restored grape arbor, patio, garden beds and walkways
- Held various workshops including felting and wreath making
- Awarded our third high school scholarship of $500 to HK graduating senior
- Hosted numerous program including "Haddam in Pictures"
- Hosted a historic house tour in Haddam Neck
- Created exhibits on shad fishing, Haddam Neck Fair and Higganum Train Station
- Planted 2568 spring bulbs with a generous donation from Mary Hugh Arnold Scott
Plans have already started for 2016 and we look forward to sharing our town's fascinating history, objects and stories with the community. If you have not had the opportunity to contribute and support our activities and good work please do so today.
Here is a link to our web site to make an online donation. It is VERY easy!