The Rochester Cool School Polar Plunge is coming up quickly!
We are so happy you've registered to take the Plunge to support Special Olympics Minnesota. Please read through the information carefully and contact us in advance if you have any questions - we're more than happy to help!
DAY-OF REGISTRATION + LOCATION + PLUNGE TIME
Plunge Date: Friday, February 9
Plunge Time: Plunging begins at 11 a.m.
Foster Arend Park,
4109 E River Road NE,
Plunger Check In and Walk up Registration: 10:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. at Foster Arend Park
ARE YOU A TOO CHICKEN PLUNGER?
If you are registered as a Too Chicken Plunger, you can get set up at Pre-Plunge Check-In or day-of Plunge Check-In where you will receive your Plunge shirt! You are encouraged to walk with your Plunge team to the Plunge hole - there will be plastic chickens that you can throw in the water in your place!
Tons of games and activities
The chance to win great prizes
Opportunities to learn about Special Olympics Minnesota and our athletes
The entire event emceed by local radio DJ's
Games on the main stage for students and teachers
Music, dancing and fun for all!
And much, much more!
MORE IMPORTANT INFO
- For adults, the water will not go over your head unless you try!
- Trained Dive Team and EMTs are at the Plunge hole for assistance for those who aren't strong swimmers or if any accidents take place.
- When you arrive to the Plunge site, head to the changing tents where you will gain entrance to the Plunger staging area and can wait in a warm, heated tent for your jump. Only Plungers will receive access to this area and you will only receive access within 15-20 minutes of your assigned Plunge time.
- Be sure to stop in the warming tent near the beach (spectators welcome), where we'll have Plunge merchandise and additional activities.
- Plungers are responsible for bringing all offline donations collected so that you can receive credit for those donations as well.