The Duluth Cool School Polar Plunge is coming up quickly!
We are so happy you've registered to take the Plunge to support Special Olympics Minnesota. Please read through the information carefully and contact us in advance if you have any questions - we're more than happy to help!
DAY-OF REGISTRATION + LOCATION + PLUNGE TIME
Plunge Date: Friday, February 16
Plunge Time: Plunging begins at 11 a.m.
Lakeside at Canal Park -
Canal Park Dr,
Plunger Check In and Walk up Registration: 10:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. at Lakeside Canal Park
10:30 a.m. - Welcome!
10:35 a.m. - Minute-to-Win-It Game
10:45 a.m. - Prize Drawing
10:50 a.m. - Special Olympics & Law Enforcement presentation
11:00 a.m. - Minute-to-Win-It Game: EDUCATORS ONLY!
11:10 a.m. - Prize Drawing
11:15 a.m. - Lip Sync Battle
11:30 a.m. - Prize Drawing
11:35 a.m. - Minute-to-Win-It Game
11:40 a.m. - Announcement of Top Team and Individual
11:45 a.m. - Buses start to bring students to the Plunge site!
ARE YOU A TOO CHICKEN PLUNGER?
If you are registered as a Too Chicken Plunger, you can get set up at Pre-Plunge Check-In or day-of Plunge Check-In where you will receive your Plunge shirt! You are encouraged to walk with your Plunge team to the Plunge hole - there will be plastic chickens that you can throw in the water in your place!
MORE IMPORTANT INFO
- For adults, the water will not go over your head unless you try!
- Trained Dive Team and EMTs are at the Plunge hole for assistance for those who aren't strong swimmers or if any accidents take place.
- When you arrive to the Plunge site, head to the changing tents where you will gain entrance to the Plunger staging area and can wait in a warm, heated tent for your jump.
- Be sure to check out the Plunge merchandise for sale and additional activities on-site!
- Plungers are responsible for bringing all offline donations collected so that you can receive credit for those donations as well.