The Duluth Polar Plunge is coming up quickly!
We are so happy you've registered to take the Plunge to support Special Olympics Minnesota. Please read through the information carefully and contact us in advance if you have any questions - we're more than happy to help!
Avoid long lines, turn in your donations, pick up your incentives and get ready to Plunge!
Friday, February 16 from
5 - 7 p.m.
Grandma's Sports Garden
452 South Lake Ave
DAY-OF REGISTRATION + LOCATION + PLUNGE TIME
Plunge Date: Saturday, February 17
Plunge Time: Plunging begins at 2 p.m.
Lakeside at Canal Park -
Canal Park Dr,
Plunger Check In and Walk up Registration: 11:30 a.m. - 2 p.m. at Grandma's Sports Garden
A free shuttle bus route will be available from 12 p.m. through the end of the Plunge. Shuttle buses are free to all participants and spectators and will run approximately every 15 minutes from the following locations to the Plunge site:
iPad MINI RAFFLE
Register online and raise $75 or more in online pledges, and get a chance to win an Apple iPad Mini! Each person who registers for the Plunge and raises the $75 minimum requirement will receive a raffle ticket. Bonus raffle tickets will be handed out based on the amount of money fundraised.
$75 - 1 ticket
$250 - 2 total tickets
$500 - 3 total tickets
$750 - 4 total tickets
$1,000 - 5 total tickets
$1,500 - 6 total tickets
The winner will be drawn at Grandma's Sports Garden after the Plunge. Remember: the more money you raise for Special Olympics Minnesota, the more chances you have to win!
ARE YOU A TOO CHICKEN PLUNGER?
If you are registered as a Too Chicken Plunger, you can get set up at Pre-Plunge Check-In or day-of Plunge Check-In where you will receive your Plunge shirt! You are encouraged to walk with your Plunge team to the Plunge hole - there will be plastic chickens that you can throw in the water in your place!
MORE IMPORTANT INFO
- For adults, the water will not go over your head unless you try!
- Trained Dive Team and EMTs are at the Plunge hole for assistance for those who aren't strong swimmers or if any accidents take place.
- When you arrive to the Plunge site, head to the changing tents where you will gain entrance to the Plunger staging area and can wait in a warm, heated tent for your jump. Only Plungers will receive access to this area and you will only receive access within 15-20 minutes of your assigned Plunge time.
- Be sure to stop in the warming tent near the beach (spectators welcome), where we'll have Plunge merchandise and additional activities.
- Plungers are responsible for bringing all offline donations collected so that you can receive credit for those donations as well.