The Rochester Polar Plunge is coming up quickly!
We are so happy you've registered to take the Plunge to support Special Olympics Minnesota. Please read through the information carefully and contact us in advance if you have any questions - we're more than happy to help!
Avoid long lines, turn in your donations, pick up your incentives and get ready to Plunge!
Friday, February 9 from
3 - 7 p.m.
Foster Arend Park
4109 E River Road NE
DAY-OF REGISTRATION + LOCATION + PLUNGE TIME
Plunge Date: Saturday, February 10
Plunge Time: Plunging begins at 1:30 p.m.
Foster Arend Park,
4109 E River Road NE,
Plunger Check In and Walk up Registration: 10:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. at Foster Arend Park
SHUTTLE & PARKING INFORMATION
There is no on site parking available. A free shuttle bus route will be available from 11 a.m. through the end of the Plunge. Shuttle buses are free to all participants and spectators. Because there is no parking at the beach, only handicap vehicle permits will be allowed to park at the beach. All others must ride the shuttle buses, which will run approximately every 15 minutes from the following locations:
Whistle Binkies Pub
Limited parking will be available at the following location
(at this time, there is no shuttle pick-up planned here):
Rochester Public Utilities
Participants will be able to sign up for a Plunge time slot at pre-check in or day of check in. All team members will have the same time slot.
ARE YOU A TOO CHICKEN PLUNGER?
If you are registered as a Too Chicken Plunger, you can get set up at Pre-Plunge Check-In or day-of Plunge Check-In where you will receive your Plunge shirt! You are encouraged to walk with your Plunge team to the Plunge hole - there will be plastic chickens that you can throw in the water in your place!
MORE IMPORTANT INFO
- For adults, the water will not go over your head unless you try!
- Trained Dive Team and EMTs are at the Plunge hole for assistance for those who aren't strong swimmers or if any accidents take place.
- When you arrive to the Plunge site, head to the changing tents where you will gain entrance to the Plunger staging area and can wait in a warm, heated tent for your jump. Only Plungers will receive access to this area and you will only receive access within 15-20 minutes of your assigned Plunge time.
- Be sure to stop in the warming tent near the beach (spectators welcome), where we'll have Plunge merchandise and additional activities.
- Plungers are responsible for bringing all offline donations collected so that you can receive credit for those donations as well.