Join Us for a Briefing on Second Generation Parenting: Raising Grandchildren and/or Adult Children with Disabilities
September 13, 10:30-11:30 AM
Dirksen Senate Office Building Room G-11
Nearly 5 million children under age 18 live in grandparent-headed households. Similarly, more than half of adult children with developmental disabilities live with their parents.
Join Grantmakers for Children, Youth and Families for a briefing
to discuss the need for more support, resources and services for these "grandfamilies" so they can be more effective caregivers while building their own security for the future and the future of their children.
- Stephanie McGencey, PhD, MPH, Executive Director, GCYF (moderator)
- Donna Butts, Executive Director, Generations United
- Jennifer Dexter, Assistant Vice President for Government Relations, Office of Public Affairs, Easter Seals Disability Services
- John Feather, PhD, Chief Executive Officer, Grantmakers In Aging
- Annette Sanders, Grandparent (invited)
The briefing is sponsored by the Office of U.S. Senator Al Franken of Minnesota. Light refreshments will be provided. Register today!