Chef Jesus "J." Martinez started his career at Derby Steak House and Lounge in McAllen, Texas. At the age of 16 he was scrubbing pot and pans and dreamed of running his own kitchen some day. After two years of college in Kansas J. moved to New Buffalo, Michigan to pursue his dream and was hired at Miller's Country House as the broiler cook and Chef's apprentice. Two years later casinos opened on Lake Michigan and J. skill tested into a Lead Line Cook position at Brio Steak House at the Blue Chip Casino. In 1998 Chef J. accepted his first Executive Chef Position at Potter's Mill in Bellevue, Iowa. In 2000, Chef J. moved back to North West Indiana and to Harrah's Casino East Chicago as the Buffet Sous Chef. Over the past several years Chef J has gained his experience in large culinary operations as well as small owner-operated restaurants such as the Grapevine Restaurant in Laporte, Indiana and Café Tuscany in Union Pier Michigan. Chef J. is currently a Restaurant Chef at a local casino and is responsible for three restaurants over thirty-five cooks and Sous Chefs.
How Does It Work?
1. Pick your favorite food, dining experience, and date from the U-Cook monthly calendar or go to www.servicedoctor.net
2. Call 888-588-5655 to make your reservations.
3. Arrive at U-Cook at 6:30pm for the cooking class with your favorite wine, beer, or drink.
4. Follow the chef's instruction and recipes to prepare and cook your favoite meal.
5. Eat a four or five course gourmet meal while enjoying your favorite drink with friends, family, or associates.