The 6th Annual
Boston Local Food Festival
will take place on Sunday, September 20 on The Greenway, 11am - 5pm. For one spectacular day each year, SBN transforms The Greenway into the nation's largest local & sustainable food hub!
Themed "Healthy Local Food For All", this
food Festival celebrates eating local across the New England
that showcases farmers, local restaurants, food trucks, specialty food producers, fisher folks, and organizations focusing on healthy food and fitness from New England. The Festival features lively Chef & DIY Demos, a Seafood Throwdown competition, diverse music, a Family Fun Zone and more.
There are several ways to get involved with this great event:
Having Fun at the Family Fun Zone
This year's Family Fun Zone will again be filled with exciting interactive games and activities for the whole family! From getting physical to being in touch with our animals of the sea, there is something for everyone!
eck out what will be happening:
- Boston Food Forest Coalition will be making seed balls for scattering wild-flowers where people want to add flower power
- New England Aquarium will have its Tidepool Open House on site with a variety of water animals to touch and learn exciting facts about each one!
- ChopChop will be challenging your sense of touch and sight with their Mystery Box and Veggie tattoos along with their amazing ChopChop magazine
- Body by Brandy 360 will take you through an energizing circuit of movement
- JP Pilates will stroll you through a few steps of Mom and Baby Barre Fusion, Stroller Boot Camp
- The Trustees will bring you a little taste of the farm
- Cherry Tomato Sculpture Competition
- Fruit and Veggie Printmaking with composting lessons
- The Greenway will tap into your creative spirit
- Imagination Playground of foam blocks to build a truck, a tractor or whatever you imagine
- The UNI, an open air reading room, right on the Greenway!
- Echelman Aerial Rope Sculpture activities include bubble-making and string games with Greenway Earth Ambassadors
- Cambridge Science Festival will have you "Taking a Closer Look " at fruits and veggies through USB scopes and flying high with kite-making
- Boston Public Market
- Apples Galore with apple themed activities, games and coupons
- Veggie Squad will be roaming the Zone...photo ops!
- And more!
Festival Sponsor Spotlight
New England Dairy Promotion is a not-for-profit marketing and promotion company with offices in Uxbridge, MA and Winooski, VT. It works proactively and in partnership with leaders and innovators to increase and apply knowledge that leverages opportunities to increase dairy volume.
Massachusetts is home to 149 dairy farms. Our dairy farmers run small, often multi-generation, family -farms. They produce a wide range of dairy products from milk to yogurt and ice cream to cheese, and they supply fluid milk to regional processing plants that bottle milk and cream and make ice cream, butter, and milk powder.Supporting your local dairy farmers is easier than you think! Check here is you are curious about where your milk or dairy product is processed. Or you can buy dairy products directly from farmers at farm stands, farmer's markets, or via home delivery.
Dance with the Celebrity Series of Boston at Boston Local Food Festival
Put on your dancing shoes and head out to the Rose Kennedy Greenway for Let's Dance Boston, presented by the Celebrity Series of Boston. One of the largest, free outdoor dance and music parties Boston has ever seen, Let's Dance Boston will feature five consecutive nights of dynamic music and dance, September 16-20.
Each evening will begin with 45 minutes of a free dance lesson taught by professional teachers in the dance style of the evening. The live band will play music to accompany the dancing for 90 minutes afterwards.
Ever wanted to learn how to Salsa, Mambo or Cha-Cha? How about perfecting your Lindy Hop or Disco moves? Everyone is invited to learn and participate in this free, fun dance party!
Let's Dance Boston will take place on a specially installed dance floor on the lawn at Atlantic Avenue and High Street of The Greenway's Wharf District Park. There is enough extra lawn space to bring a picnic, or visit one of the local Boston food trucks set up near the dance floor!
Boston Organics + A Tempeh Taco Tuesday Recipe
My first summer in Boston was a really exciting time for my kitchen. Having visited only 3 or 4 times before deciding to live here, it never entered my mind that I would be moving to a city with so much produce, bread, meats, cheeses and locally crafted ...
The Trustees of Reservations- Appleton Farms
"Until the cows come home," means every afternoon around 2:30 at Appleton Farms, a Trustees of Reservations property in Ipswich. A herd of thirty eight registered Jerseys come home to the dairy barn at Appleton Farms. The oldest continuously operating farm in America, Appleton Farms is ... read more
Save the Date!
6th Annual Local Craft Brewfest
The 6th Annual Local Craft Brewfest will be held on Friday, November 20, 2015.
Save the date on your calendar and plan on going for a very special unforgettable night with unlimited tastings of local brews, rums, vodka, mead, cider, artisan beverage plus local food bites (food at serving size will be for sale at only $6 or less)!