* * * * *
SHORTRIDGE ARCHIVE & MUSEUM...
LOOKING FOR SHORTRIDGE ARTIFACTS & TREASURES
WHAT? -- ESTABLISHING THE SHORTRIDGE/ARCHIVES MUSEUM
of artifacts and memorabilia.
WHO: A letter from SHS freshman, Mary Jo Easley, who is helping promote the ArchiveS and Museum project fundraiser. Following is Mary Jo's request to SHS alumni:
Myself, along with a core group of devoted archivists are committed to ensuring the preservation of our school history and its contribution to the Indianapolis community. I, on behalf of the archivist team, ask that you help us in preserving our history by taking a few moments to donate to our Go Fund Me page so that we may reach our $3,000 goal.
The link for our page is below and includes a more indepth explanation of our mission as well as a history of Shortridge. If you have any questions or have an interest in taking a tour of SHS or the archives room, feel free to contact me so I can set up your peek at the past. Thank you for your generosity and for supporting Shortridge High School.
Please share this link with others to help us grow our archives/museum project:
Mary Jo Easley
P.S. If you own or know of someone who may own a display case that is no longer of use, please contact me email@example.com.
Send your donation to Shortridge Alumni Association (SAA) by check with Archives/Museum in the notes area, c/o 5030 Guion Road, Indianapolis, IN 46254. Donations tax deductible.
WHAT WE NEED/HOPE TO OBTAIN:
* Vintage SHS jewelry and accessories; e.g. class rings, vintage pin, class keys, brooches, etc.
* Vintage SHS clothing items: Letter sweaters/jackets, sports uniforms, ROTC uniform, senior cords, cheerleader outfits, etc.
* Original photographs of teams, events, dances, special visitors, etc.
* School trophies (not individual unless pre-1930)
* Vintage SHS artifacts; e.g. dance programs, correspondence of an historic nature, pennants, banners, signs
* Vintage scrapbooks and SHS-related videos
* Rare, unique, quirky, one-of-a-kind items.
WHAT WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING:
Due to limited space and the availability of digitized copies, we don't need:
* Yearbooks: we have duplicate copies for many years; the older yearbooks are in very fragile condition that should be separated and stored in special archival-quality cabinets where they would be better protected.
* The Shortridge Echo
* Newspaper clippings
We're almost certain there may be alumni and/or family of alumni who may still have items stored in an attic, basement, estate sales that could be added to this historical collection. If you have NON-PAPER items that might be included, send those items to: Shortridge High School, ATTN: Lori Armstrong, Partnership Coordinator, 3401 N. Meridian Street, Indianapolis, IN 46208.
OR Contact Charlotte Ottinger directly with questions regarding this project: 317-509-8577 or by email: COttinger@IUHealth.org Continue to check back for updates regarding our progress.
LOG ONTO OUR WEBSITE WITH YOUR DONATION:
Click on the Dues/Donation tab and select the appropriate Archive/Museum category to make your donation via PayPal or send your check. The Shortridge Alumni Association is a 501-c-3 nonprofit organization. Donations may be eligible for tax purposes. Consult with your financial adviser.
* * * * *