Success is just in front of our faces. Yet, we often fail to see it coming. Too many companies live with their heads in the sand. Many go down into defeat because it was never on their radar to change.
A colleague recently complained about her corporation: "
Things are much the same at this company, and I don't see much changing unless leadership does."
The answer is that companies need not roll over and accept less than the best. And yes, it takes courage to get management unstuck in their ways. 92% of all problems in organizations stem from poor management decisions.
The Biggest Mistakes Which Many of Us Have Made
Making the same mistakes more than twice, without studying the mitigating factors.
* Taking incidents out of context and mis-diagnosing situations.
* Rationalizing occurrences, after the fact.
* Appearing self-contained, therefore precluding others from wanting to help me.
* Inability to cultivate other people's support of me at the times that I needed it most.
* Attempting projects without the proper resources to do the job well.
* Not knowing people with sufficient pull and power. Thinking that friends would help introduce me or help network to key influentials.
* Failure to effective networking techniques early enough in my career path.
* Inability to finely develop the powers of people participating in the networking process.