Sirius Computer Solutions Acquires Varrow
Financial Information Not Disclosed
- Varrow Revenue (2014) $146 Million*
- Varrow Revenue (2013) $84 Million*
- Varrow Revenue (2012) $62 Million*
- National IT solutions integrator Sirius Computer Solutions, Inc. announced today that it had acquired technology solution provider Varrow, Inc.
- Terms of the transaction were not disclosed, but according to the press release, Varrow had revenues of $146 million in 2014 specializing in cloud, mobility and security solutions. Sirius, No. 28 on CRN's current SP500 list, had $1.3 billion in annual revenue.
- This is Sirius's third acquisition in the last five years. In October 2014 it built up its big data and BI capabilities through the purchase of Brightlight Consulting, and in November 2010 it rose above $1 billion in revenue when it acquired integration services provider MSI Systems Integrators.
Expanding In a Lower Growth Market
- Diversification is King: As a large EMC partner, Varrow provides Sirius, which has historically been one of IBM's largest solution providers, with additional non-IBM revenue. This is indicative of a pattern of IBM-centric companies branching out to provide additional product capabilities, especially as IBM continues its shift away from products and toward services (exemplified by the sale of its x86 server business to Lenovo).
- Low Organic Growth Drives M&A: Today's lower-growth environment faced by the IT Supply Chain industry is prompting large businesses to acquire established businesses and customer bases rather than trying to organically grow geographies and customer segments. In Varrow, Sirius gets access to mid-size customers in the Carolinas and Virginia area.
- Private Equity-Driven Growth: Since 2006, Sirius has been a portfolio company of Thoma Cressey (now Thoma Bravo), a private equity firm behind some of the technology sector's largest leveraged buyouts including September's take-private of Compuware.
For more information on this transaction, click here.
*Financial information for this transaction was not disclosed, but the press release states that Varrow's 2014 revenue
2013 and 2012 revenue are from the 2013 SP500 list available from CRN.
not the advisor in this transaction.
To receive instant analysis on the day's business news from the martinwolf team,
follow us on Twitter @martin_wolf_ and on LinkedIn at martinwolf.
Walnut Creek, CA Bangalore, India
With offices in the San Francisco Bay Area and Bangalore, India, martinwolf is a leading middle market M&A Advisory focused on companies in the IT Services, IT Supply Chain, IT-Enabled Business Process Outsourcing and Software as a Service (SaaS) space. Since 1997, our team has completed more than 135 transactions in nineteen countries and sold seven divisions of Fortune 500 companies.
The firm is also a presenting sponsor of the Global IT M&A Forum.
martinwolf is a member of FINRA and SIPC. For more information, visit www.martinwolf.com.
To learn more about martinwolf, contact Matthew Putzulu at email@example.com.
© martinwolf 2015
"Reason and judgment are the qualities of a leader."