WHAT TO KNOW BEFORE YOU GO TO
WCA's 2017 ANNUAL CONFERENCE
Next week close to 1,000 of your colleagues and peers will be traveling to Sauk County to network, attend educational sessions and share ideas. Below is some information to help you prepare for your participation.
September 24-26, 2017
Kalahari Resort & Convention Center
1305 Kalahari Drive
Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965
DOWNLOAD THE FREE WCA ANNUAL CONFERENCE APP TODAY!
Put the meeting in the palm of your hand. The WCA conference app contains all the information you need to know, including the detailed schedule, specific meeting agendas, locations of meetings, sponsor listing, access to networking with other attendees, and more!
free 2017 WCA Annual Conference and Marketplace
App for Windows Phone, iPhone/iPad and Android. To get it, just scan the QR code (to the left of this article) and select your mobile platform; or simply search the Windows Phone Marketplace, iTunes Store or Android Market for "EventsXD" and look for the blue XD icon.
Once completed, login with your email and password; scroll down to find the 2017 "WCA Annual Conference" icon from the list of events and start planning your day. You will have access to the
full schedule, floor plans, conference news and more, right at your fingertips. Check your
conference bag for an informational flyer and scan the QR code to get started!
You may pick up your name badge, conference program and all tickets at the WCA Registration, Kalahari Resort & Convention Center, 1305 Kalahari Drive, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965.
Sunday: 11:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Monday: 7:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Tuesday: 7:15 a.m.-11:30 p.m.
If you need to reach the WCA Registration, you can call 608.254.5331.
WCA ANNUAL CONFERENCE
WCA has a full agenda with speakers, concurrent sessions, general assembly highlights and
OPENING GENERAL ASSEMBLY: MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 25
Kalahari Resort & Convention Center, Suites ABGH
Welcome to Wisconsin Dells/Sauk County:
- Marty Krueger, County Board Chair, Sauk County
- Joan Ballweg, Representative, State of Wisconsin
Featured Speakers/Agenda Items:
- Roy Charles Brooks, President, National Association of Counties (NACo)
- Opioid Litigation-Andrew Phillips, Attorney, von Brisen & Roper, S.C.
- WCA Annual Conference Video
- Discover Wisconsin 2018 Calendar Photo Contest Winners
- Friend In and Friend Of County Government Awards
- Mark D. O'Connell, Executive Director, Wisconsin Counties Association
- Rebecca Ryan, Founder, NEXT Generation Consulting, Inc.
- Gary Becker, Executive Director, Local Government Institute of Wisconsin
- Gwyn Guenther, President, The Wheeler Report
- Jeff Mayers, President, WisPolitics.com
CLOSING GENERAL ASSEMBLY: TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 26
11:30 a.m.-12:45 p.m.
Kalahari Resort & Convention Center, Suites ABCDEFGH
- Keynote speaker: Randy Otto, Impersonator, Sir Winston Churchill
Door Prizes Announced
- Fitbit Charge 2 Heart Rate & Fitness Wristband, Amazon Echo, Kindle Paperwhite E-reader and 49" Samsung 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV all sponsored by Boston Mutual Life and Gregory & Appel Insurance.
- Fly High Wisconsin LLC (Wisconsin Helicopter Touring Company) is giving away a Baraboo Bluffs Tour sponsored by Eric and Pia Peterson.
- The Grand Prize Drawing is sponsored by the Kalahari Resorts.
You MUST be present to win. Upon entering the room, pull your name insert from your name badge and place in the boxes that WCA staff are holding (this is your ticket to win). Six name badges will
be drawn at the conclusion of the Closing General Assembly.
On Sunday visit the Wisconsin Dells Visitor & Convention Bureau's table across from the WCA Registration for dining options in Wisconsin Dells.
SPOUSE/GUEST TOUR: WISCONSIN OPRY
Come join us Monday at the Wisconsin Opry and
enjoy a homemade, mouthwatering lunch. Then get ready
for some toe tappin' music we all know and
love performed by the Dickinson family band playing
a wide variety of classic and modern country music, bluegrass, gospel, and some rock & roll!
Afterwards we will stop at the Antique & Craft Mall
for some afternoon shopping. The bus will load at the Kalahari Resort & Convention Center (Convention Center Main Entrance) at 11:00 a.m.
While the tour is full at this time, you can sign up at Conference registration to be on the wait list.
The cost is $50 per person.
SEE WISCONSIN DELLS VIEWS FROM THE AIR!
Fly High Wisconsin LLC (Wisconsin Helicopter Touring Company) will
be selling helicopter tours of the greater Lake Wisconsin area.
Stop by the Sauk County Booth# 100 located across from the WCA Registration Desk at the Kalahari Resort & Convention Center on Sunday and Tuesday and check out this spectacular deal! See Wisconsin Dells views from the air!!
Flights will run at the following times:
- Sunday, September 24, 2017 from 12:00 - 6:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 26, 2017 from 12:00 - 3:00 p.m.
Pre-ticket purchase on the Fly High Wisconsin LLC website is $100. Purchase the tickets here.
Onsite ticket purchase at the Sauk County Booth# 100 is $125.
Complimentary shuttle service will be provided on Monday and Tuesday between the participating conference hotel and the Kalahari Resort & Convention Center. Look for a transportation schedule
at your hotel's front desk or at the conference registration table.
EXHIBITOR & SPONSOR CHECK-IN
Exhibitors and sponsors can check-in at the WCA Marketplace at the WCA booth, #601 & 700,
at the Kalahari Resort & Convention Center, Suites I-VIII.
STOP BY SILENT AUCTION AT WCA MARKETPLACE
The Wisconsin Associated County Extension Committees, Inc. (WACEC) is holding a silent auction and the
proceeds from this annual auction help support Wisconsin delegates' attendance at the Public Issues Leadership Development (PILD) Conference in Washington, D.C.
The silent auction is located in the WCA Marketplace on Monday, September 25 from 8:45 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. at Booth# 701. Winners will be announced in the WCA Marketplace at 5:00 p.m. Listed below are the Silent Auction bid items:
- Certificate for two-day general admission entrance for you and a guest to your choice of the following Chippewa Valley Region festivals in the summer of 2018: Eaux Claires Festival, in Eau Claire, WI; Rockfest, in Cadott, WI; Country Fest, in Cadott, WI
- UW Basketball Tickets - You and a guest will attend a UW Badger basketball game and a pre-game lunch or dinner with UW-Extension Dean Karl Martin
- Wildlife Art - a chainsaw crafted wood sculpture
- A certificate for the Concourse Hotel in Madison, Wisconsin
- A certificate for the Best Western Premier Park Hotel in Madison, Wisconsin
- A one night stay at the Freehands Lakeside Inn (Formerly the Blue Wave Inn) in Ashland, Wisconsin
- An assortment of maple and honey products, crafted and donated by UW-Extension Dean Karl Martin and his family
Where is the nearest business center for copies at the Kalahari Resort & Convention Center?
The Kalahari has an in-house business center located directly across from Suite 1 in the convention center, which would be able to assist with copies, but if you'd need help with formatting, multifold programs and such, there is an Econoprint at 111 Progressive Dr, Lake Delton, WI 53940.
Where is the ATM located at the Kalahari Resort & Convention Center?
They have three ATMs: one by the Front Desk in the main lobby, one in the GM Hallway near the Sales Office, and one outside of our steakhouse, Double Cut.
Where is the location of the nearest pharmacy?
There is a Walgreens at 300 State Highway 13, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965.
Is there a local taxi service?
Kangaroo Taxi - 608.432.4627, Sureway Taxi - 608.253.2129, and WI Dells Taxi - 608.253.7433.
Is there WIFI at the Kalahari Resort & Convention Center?
The Kalahari Resort & Convention Center has standard WIFI and is free with no code.
Need a cup of coffee?
Java Manjaro is open 6am-10pm - located in the main lobby of the resort.
I plan to Tweet and post to Facebook while I'm attending, what is the event "hashtag?"
Please plan to use #wcaconf for any of your posts!
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS!
The Wisconsin Counties Association thanks all of its sponsors for their generous assistance in making the 2017 WCA Annual Conference and Marketplace a huge success!
- Aegis Corporation
- von Briesen & Roper, S.C.
- WCA Services, Inc.
- American Transmission Company
- National CooperativeRx/WisconsinRx
- PMA Financial/WISC/Forecast5 Analytics
- Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board
- Associated Appraisal Consultants, Inc.
- Axley Law Firm
- Public Financial Management
- Ameresco, Inc.
- Ayres Associates
- Camera Corner/Connecting Point
- Crivello Carlson, S.C.
- Enterprise Fleet Management
- Moore Equipment Company
- Motorola Solutions
- Schenck SC
- Scott Construction, Inc.
- Weld Riley, S.C.
- Wildcard Corp.
- PMA Financial/WISC/Forecast5 Analytics - WCA Cyber Café
- Wisconsin Counties Association - Monday Hot Breakfast
- National CooperativeRx/WisconsinRx - Monday Exhibitor Luncheon
- Wisconsin Counties Association - Monday Exhibitor Luncheon
- von Briesen & Roper, S.C. - Monday Exhibitor Reception
- WCA Services, Inc. - Monday WCA Festival of Food
- Wisconsin Counties Association - Monday WCA Festival of Food
- Wisconsin County Mutual Insurance Corporation - Tuesday Breakfast
- Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board - Tuesday Morning Milk Break
- UMR - Tuesday Keynote Speaker
- Enbridge - Tuesday Luncheon
- Wisconsin Counties Association - Tuesday Luncheon
- Boston Mutual Life and Gregory & Appel Insurance - Tuesday Conference Prize Drawings
- Kalahari Resorts - Tuesday Grand Prize Drawing
- Stafford Rosenbaum - $1,000
- Nationwide Retirement Solutions - $1,000
- By the Numbers Actuarial Consulting, Inc. - $500
- Holtger Bros., Inc. - $500
- Quarles & Brady LLP - $500
- Schober Schober & Mitchell, S.C. - $500
- Wells Fargo Bank - $500
2017 WCA ASSOCIATE MEMBERS
- American Transmission Company, LLC
- Discover Mediaworks
- Motorola Solutions, Inc.
- Wipfli LLP
HAVE A QUESTION NOT ANSWERED HERE?
We hope this information will be helpful as you get ready to travel to Sauk County next week. If you have questions about the 2017 WCA Annual Conference, please contact Cheryl Fleck, WCA Marketing & Events Manager at 866.404.2700 or
On site, you can also reach WCA Registration at
Have safe travels and see you soon!
Copyright © 2017. All Rights Reserved.