One week till the official tri season starts!
Sorry for the delay in this email. I was away all week for work. This might possibly be the longest email you will ever read but all of the information is very important. Our season is just about to begin. For many of you this will be a brand new experience and I totally understand if you are nervous. I can promise you that we will do our very best to get your prepared for a triathlon this season. As I said at kick off and newbie night, active participation is the key. Even if it is is just attending something once per week or a few times per month. I want to thank everyone for attending newbie night out! What an amazing night... here are a few of the "2013" goals that were created.
|Tri Suit Try On & Free MHWTC Tech Shirts |
March 25- March 31 @ Action Wheels
Tri Suits: I want to thank Gina Mooney for selecting and designing our 2013 customized triathlon suits. Tri suits are not mandatory but you will notice that most of our members wear them. We will offer them in two piece and one piece. Tri Suits will be offered at a discounted rate due to sponsorship. The price point will be ~ $60 for the entire suit. This is significantly lower than you would pay if you purchased at a store. We will also be offering short sleeve and long sleeve bike jerseys. Gina Mooney will send out an email tomorrow regarding all the specifics of the tri suit. Our "Tri Suit Try On" will be next week at Action Wheels. All sizes will be available to try on and ordering will be completely on-line. We expect the triathlons suits to be available in late May- which is right in time for triathlon season. I would like to thank our sponsors: HFM Investment Advisors, Rothman Institute and Teamdental for sponsoring our suits. Teamdental is new to the area and located in Swedesboro, NJ.
Tech Shirts: We are finalizing our sponsorship this week to be included on our technical shirts and race shirts. This is last call for sponsors because we need to gather logos and get these sweeties printed. All 2013 members and Teen Tri members will get a free technical shirt. We hope to have these shirts in our hands in April prior to Riverwinds and Broad Street. Thank you to Lydia and Maureen who have been working on this!
Club Workouts Starting on April 1st
This is when the fun begins!
One of my favorite parts of this club is creating workouts and seeing tons of people attend them! Sometimes we get ten people others times 120. Thank you in advance to everyone who is helping me with this. Give it a whirl! Please note that TEEN TRI members are encouraged to join us for all workouts! Parental guidance suggested on the Wed night Rode rides.
- MONDAYS @ 9am: Trail Run at Shady Lane Nursing Home in Gibbstown NJ. There are many acres of woods and trails right next to the facility. This is a 2 mile trail run (over the bridges and through the woods type of run). You can do it once or twice. Challenging terrain so walkers are welcome to join us! Laura Bonanni will lead. 256 County House Road, Clarksboro NJ. Just a few minutes from Mullica Hill Please meet in the Parking lot at 9 am. You will see us wearing our running gear and should be easily identifiable. Starts on April 1st.
- MONDAYS @ 6 PM: 5K TrainingRun @ William Wilt Park. We couldn't get clearance from Clearview for their cross country course (boo)- but we have created a nice 5K Run around the William Wilt Park. William Wilt park is located @ 162 Walters Road, Mullica Hill NJ. The run will be on Walter's Road and Colson Road and end at the Gazebo. Please meet at the Gazebo @ 6 PM starting on April 1st . These runs will be every Monday night ALL SUMMER.
- TUESDAY @ 9 AM: Queen of the Hill Bike Ride. This is the 10 mile bike ride that we do for Queen of the Hill. Please meet at Ferrell Fire Station which is at the Intersection of 538 and 641. This is Elk Road. We may have to redirect you to park once you get there :) but it won't be far. Please try to get there by 8:50 am. Starts on April 2nd.
- WEDNESDAY @ 6 PM: Rode Ride. Riders choice of 8, 15 or 20 miles. Please feel free to join us for snacks and cocktails in the barn after the ride. Special tri club menu! A bar will be set up in the barn and will be cash only. We out grew the restaurant. Wednesday nights are also BYOM. Bring your own man, mom, mate! They just need to sign a waiver. On the 3rd Monday of every month we will have WILD WEDNESDAYS! Free drinks courtesy of our premier sponsor. HFM financial advisors. Rode Rides start on April 3rd. I LOVE Margaronas!
- SATURDAY RIDE @ 7 AM AND 8 AM Saturday morning ride. Leaving from Tomlin Station Park (Meeting in front of Advocare) 2 Burton Lane, Mullica Hill NJ ( Right off of the intersection of Tomlin Station Road and 322) . FIRST RIDE OF THE SEASON IS NOT AT THIS LOCATION. SEE BELOW! Saturday rides start on April 13th (except for first ride of the season below- that is on April 6th)
- SUNDAY @ 8 AM. Sunday long ride. 15 or 30 miles. Meeting at Ella Harris Park, Commissioners Road Side. You will bear RIGHT off of the fork where the Gulf station is. Parking is on your left. Starts on April 7th.
************ FIRST SATURDAY RIDE OF THE SEASON*****************
The first Saturday ride of the season will be Saturday, April 6th @ 8 am. We will be meeting at Ella Harris Park on the side of Commissioners Road (not on the side of shop rite). Please have your helmet on, tires pumped and a safety check on your bike prior to the ride. We are expecting over 200 women to attend. We will go out in groups of 25 with all of the newbies sticking together!