Web 2.0 Expo, co-produced by O'Reilly Media, Inc. and UBM TechWeb, showcases the latest Web 2.0 business models, development paradigms, products, and design strategies for the builders of the next-generation Web. This annual multi-track conference brings together people, ideas, connections, contacts, products, and companies to foster stronger Web 2.0 communities. Web 2.0 Expo events occur in San Francisco and New York and feature influential keynotes and speakers, detailed workshops, a Startup Showcase, an Expo show floor, and rich networking events.
The Yes2dotAfrca campaign was among the participant, and made very good impression in presenting its goals and missions.
DCA was approached and interviewed by Bob Walsh and Patrick Foley who frequently cover start-ups at Web 2.0 and was asked to present its activities to their regular audiences ....
In brief, Sophia responded to questions and discussed the following
- Helping the cause of a new industry, to say "Yes2newgTLDs" for ICANN and not only" Yes2dotAfrica"
- What is meant by controversial strings?
- Creating billion dollar industry to build a new market economy based on competition
- What does .africa mean for the US, why should we say Yes2dotAfrica?
- What happens to the money from .africa?
- Next software technologies in Africa
- Generation.africa being that glue to .africa
- Finally telling US audience to connect with Africa via PanAfrican Social Media Infrastructure that DCA has built re:afrca, .afrique, and .afriqya, to act as a gateway to news on Africa
DCA Press Release:http://prlog.org/11631681