Due to the wide spread storm damage that occurred last weekend the City of Fairway will activate the curbside storm damage brush collection. In order to allow residents time to address the storm damage the Public Works Department will start the brush collection on Monday, July 31st. T
he Public Works Department will work their way through the City by Ward.
THIS COLLECTION IS FOR BRUSH RESULTING FROM RECENT STORM DAMAGE ONLY.
Please note the following about the collection process:
- Collection will begin in Ward 4 and will go in order of the Wards (3, 2 then 1). Click here to view the Ward map. Public Works cannot tell ahead of time exactly what time they will be by a particular residence as collection amounts vary from Ward to Ward and street to street.
- Collection will begin at 7:00 a.m.
- Brush must be stacked neatly at curbside for pick-up (even if it came off of a tree within the right-of-way).
- It should be placed parallel to the curb
so it does not block the sidewalk or stick out into the street.
Piles placed in street or blocking curb will be moved into yards for safe flow of traffic and vehicles.
- Branches should be no longer than 8 feet in length (this is the approximate length of the Public Works truck beds, branches longer than this will not fit in the trucks).
- Residents are responsible for cutting and stacking limbs curbside including limbs from ROW trees.
- The Public Works Department will start out picking up the smaller piles by hand and writing down the addresses of the larger piles to be picked up by equipment. Extremely large piles will be removed by a contractor.
- The Public Works Department will be picking up the bulk of the piles. The remaining small debris and raking of yards will be left up to the homeowner. Please follow the WCA Yard Waste Collection Guidelines for your regular yard waste collection.
- While it is our intent to complete the limb clean up as soon as possible it is expected to take several weeks. Staff will still need to complete the weekly mowing workload and other daily operations.
If you have questions, please contact the Public Works Department at 913-722-2822.