I hope this email finds you snuggled up with a good book and a cup of hot chocolate! Stay safe and try to stay off the roads if at all possible.
Governor Hogan has declared a State of Emergency in anticipation of the storm and a significant impact is expected across the region. BGE's entire work force has been mobilizing to be ready to respond to service interruptions.
Here is the link to the BGE Press Release and the emergency number that they request all customers, even those with smart meters, call to report an outage
directly to BGE by calling 1.877.778.2222
is also mobilizing their forces and their emergency information follows:
There are several ways you can get information from Pepco during a storm.
- Call 1-877-737-2662 to report outages and downed wires. You can request a callback so we can verify if individual or small groups of outages still exist.
- Use their website to report outages. By entering your account information, you can also get updates, use dynamic outage maps to zoom in and see where outages have occurred, get important contact information, and see estimates for when power will be restored.
- Use their app on your mobile device. You can access outage maps, get restoration estimates, report outages and call us through a direct dial link. Download the free mobile app by visiting pepco.com/mobileapp on your mobile device
Prince George's County has Emergency Warming Centers set up if you are without heat. The Bowie and Laurel Centers are listed below but the entire list can be found at the County website page here:
Residents are encouraged to call each facility to obtain hours of operation.
These sites are NOT equipped to serve as shelters:
Bowie Community Center
3209 Stonybrook Drive
Bowie, MD 20715
301-464-1737; TTY 301-218-6768
Laurel Beltsville Senior Activity Center
7120 Contee Road
Laurel, MD 20707
Other Important Utility Numbers
- Pepco: 1-877-737-2662
- Baltimore Gas and Electric (BG&E): 1-877-778-2222 or 1-800-685-0123
- SMECO: 1-877-747-6326 or 1-888-440-3311
- Washington Gas: 1-800-752-7520
- Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission (WSSC): 1-800-828-4002
The links to register for the Bowie City Alert system Click here. I encourage you to stay connected through this emergency alert system.
The link to Mayor Moe's emergency announcements for the City of Laurel's preparations can be found here.
Again, I encourage you to stay home, hopefully stay warm and to jot these numbers down in case you lose power or drain your battery.
Delegate, Maryland General Assembly
By Authority of Friends for Geraldine Valentino-Smith, Elizabeth Ryan, Treasurer