We are collecting abstracts for SME's 6th CTMF event that is intended for executives and mining industry specialists, bankers, financial analysts, investors, portfolio managers, and engineers. The CTMF conference, dinner, workshops, and receptions will bring experts together to discuss trends and a range of topics, solutions, risks and where opportunities are.
The focus of the CTMF Conference is the outlook, trends and non-technical and technical issues that affect capital raising in the global mining industry and how management and investors can employ best practices and technology to anticipate, track, manage and reduce risks associated with mining projects.
2018 CTMF Conference panel topics will include:
- Global capital markets review and key trends in mining
- Bankers’ view of capital markets and mine financing
- Metals market trends: What’s hot? What’s not? Why?
- Coal, energy and power generation trends in North America
- Managing uncertainty, price risk and investment capital in mining
- Keynote speakers from leading mining and technology companies
- What are trends and issues in mining M&A? Restructurings?
- Are private equity, royalty, streaming deals being done?
- Successful use of technology and innovation in mining
- Why some mining projects succeed and why some fail
- How and which mining companies are raising capital
- Mineral and mining valuation and cost trends
- Best practices to estimate mineral resources
- International regulations, securities,legal and tax issues
- Methods of engaging stakeholders, local communities
- How to manage project execution and avoid delays
- China, its One Belt One Road Initiative, etc.
- How to prosper in this market - and more
The format of the CTMF event encourages networking and discussion with key experts about the current trends and issues that affect mining and project finance, investment, raising capital, and project management, smart use of data and technology to manage project costs and risks.
Submit abstracts to speak and or interest to be a sponsor to:
Our goal is make the 2018 CTMF program as rich in content as the 2017 event. The link
is to a 4 page Flyer about the 2017 Conference. This year the audience included more than 220 officers from 18 countries, with 35 mining companies attending. In total at 2017 CTMF events were about 280 key industry people attending the workshops, conference, receptions and dinner. There were 21 panels or round table discussions in 2017.
We are expecting there will be more panels in 2018. We will be updating the CTMF website with the agenda, registration, hotels etc. that are described at
including about these 4 workshops:
- Improving strategic capital management with Integrated Valuation and Risk Modelling methods;
- Latest techniques available impacting the reliability of mineral resource estimates for exploration and development of mining project: What a banker, finance expert and analyst should know;
- Efficient, effective due diligence for modern mining investments;
- Measuring and mitigating financial risk in mining - Applying today's tools from past examples
We welcome your inputs, suggestions - Send us your abstracts
oin us! Registration will open soon
For more info visit our earlier release at