CITY OF MADERA
STAGE III WATER USE REGULATIONS
ALLOWABLE WATERING DAYS AND HOURS
1. All outside WATER USE is prohibited every day between 10:00 A.M. and 7:00 P.M.
2. All outside WATER USE is prohibited on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
3. Water users with addresses on the EVEN numbered side of streets may water on SUNDAY ONLY.
4. Water users with addresses on the ODD numbered side of streets may water on SATURDAY ONLY.
SWIMMING POOL DRAINING
To report a Pool Drain and/or for more information please contact City of Madera Water Conservation at (559) 661-5466
Every effort must be made to conserve water. We ask that you comply with the following rules and regulations so that Water Conservation officers will not have to enforce them at your address.
1. DO NOT:
- Waste water in any way, indoors or outdoors.
- Allow water to run down the street gutter or onto adjoining property, spray nozzle needed at all times.
- Water lawns or wash cars with an open-end hose, spray nozzle needed at all times.
- Hose off driveway, sidewalk or paved areas at residence or business.
- Wash down street gutters.
- Wash down buildings other than for painting or other maintenance.
- Continually flow water for recreational purposes.
2. Avoid running sprinklers for long periods of time at each location. Watering in excess of fifteen minutes per setting MAY BE considered wasteful. This could result in issuance of a citation.
3. Equip all evaporative coolers with water-saving devices
4. Repair all leaks of any type or size within 5 days of citation
5. Car washing and or washing out trash carts, at residences permitted on watering days and times with restrictive spray nozzle needed at all times.
6. Water served to restaurant customers only upon request to promote conservation and public awareness of drought conditions
FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THESE REGULATIONS WILL RESULT IN THE FOLLOWING:
VIOLATION #1. $75.00 surcharge on next water bill.
VIOLATION #2. $200.00 surcharge on next water bill
VIOLATION #3. $500.00 surcharge on next water bill and installation of a water meter at customer's expense, and/or discontinuance of service.
Landscape irrigation consumes nearly half of the water used around most homes. Many people tend to water too often and leave the sprinklers on too long.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR WATER SAVING COOPERATION.
CITY OF MADERA
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS
TELEPHONE NUMBER (559)661-5466