Monday, August 20
for all students PK-8. The hours are 8:00am to 11:00am. Please enter through the ramp door on Belmont into St. Anselm Hall and follow the directions from there. In order to facilitate an even flow of families through this first day, we are requesting that you follow this schedule, if possible:
, 8:00 to 9:00;
, 9:00 to 10:00; and
, 10:00 to 11:00. Besides verifying that your financial and medical information is up-to-date, you will have an opportunity to purchase school supplies from the Comet Shop and buy “previously used” uniforms. Also, during your visit you may sign up for a variety of after school activities. You and your child(ren) will conclude by meeting your child’s homeroom teacher. Uniforms are NOT required on this day!
The first normal school day will be Tuesday, August 21.
If you have not already done so you will need to turn in forms on Book Day:
obtained from school office
- Student Registration Form (1 per student)
- Family Data Sheet (1 per household/address)
- Health Clinic Form (1 per student)
obtained from school website -
- Transportation Form (1 per family)
- Student Handbook Acknowledgement Form (1 for each family and 1 for each student in grade 3 or higher)
- Learning Issues/Accommodations Form (1 per student)
- Extended Day Handbook Acknowledgement Form (1 per family)
- PTO Support Hours (1 per family) - will be posted shortly
- Student Demographic Form
- Present Original Birth Certificate to Admissions Director
- Virginia State School Physical Form (K-8)
All PK and Sixth Grade Students
To return forms before Book Day, you my drop them by the school office between 9:00-3:00 Monday through Friday or mail them to the school. By Wednesday July 25, 2018, the office will confirm receipt of personalized forms we have received and that are complete. If you don’t get an email, we don’t have the form. The personalized forms were sent home to returning students in May and were handed out to new students in June.
There will be three check out lines on Book Day.
- Express Line - All paperwork was completed and turned in by noon on August 15.
- Fast Line - As of noon on August 15 all paperwork was completed and turned in except for the non-personalized forms.
- Regular Line - Everyone else.
Once again lunch will be ordered through ParentsWeb. The ordering window for September/October will be August 20 - noon on August 31. Lunch is offered for purchase on Tuesdays and Fridays. Our lunch program will not start until September, so during the month of August students must bring a lunch each day.
The School Handbook has been updated and is linked
. We require that all parents sign that they have read the handbook and all students in grades 3 and above also sign.
All students new to our middle school (including all 6th grade students) are required to attend one of the
Middle School Orientation
meetings on August 20 with your parents. The meetings will be held in the School Library at 11:30am and 7:00pm. The orientation should last no more than 1 hour.
It is required that you attend one of the two orientation sessions.
Don't forget that Cleanup Day will be held Saturday, August 18 from 9:00am-Noon. Bring your work clothes, gloves, and tools to help tidy up the school grounds! Then remember to log your hours in ParentsWeb with the date of August 21 so they will count for the 2018-2019 school year.
"Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." (Romans 12:21)