The Tulsa Building and Club
In 1922 the Tulsa Chamber of Commerce held a design competition for the design of their new building. Bruce Goff who was interning for Rush, Endacott, & Rush won the competition. Between 1922 and 1925, the Chamber joined forces with the Tulsa Club and decided to construct a much larger building. Bruce Goff was retained as the architect and plans for the building were completed in 1925 when Goff was only 21 years of age. The Tulsa Club Building opened in December of 1927. The sculpture that once stood above the doorway even attracted the attention of sculptor Alfonso Iannelli. He noticed it on his way to the train station, and upon passing the construction site he went immediately to meet the architect, Bruce Goff. The building has been left abandoned for over 20 years and many of the original details are missing.