TEAMS Leadership Sessions
Registered TEAMS competitors at the upcoming national TSA conference have the opportunity to attend an optional TEAMS leadership session scheduled on Wednesday, June 22nd. Two identical sessions will be offered on that day. This 90 minute free session is based on The Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership which are the basis of The Student Leadership Challenge.
Each session will consist of an overview of The Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership followed by a leadership game where the students will apply these practices while solving a problem. Team members of the top three teams at each session will receive a prize. Note: teams will be assigned randomly so that students will have the opportunity to interact with students from other schools and geographic areas.
Participation is limited and is on a first-come, first-served basis. Online sign-up will open on Tuesday, May 30th and is only being advertised to TEAMS participants. TEAMS coaches who have registered a team for the national conference may use the Leadership Sign Up link that will be active on the TEAMS national conference page at 2:00PM on Tuesday, May 30th*. Only students competing in the TEAMS competitions may be registered for this session.
*The date and time for sign up has been updated to reflect Tuesday, May 30th on the Important Deadlines and Dates TEAMS web page.
- Registration for student competitors has now ended. Guests and additional coaches may still register using this link.
- All TEAMS Written competition entries must be submitted by 11:59PM EST on May 31st using the links on the TEAMS conference page.
- Make sure to read and share with your students the TEAMS Written competition, TEAMS Prepared Presentation competition and TEAMS Problem Solving description.
- The TEAMS Problem Solving competition requires each team to arrive at the competition with materials detailed on the on the Materials List. Make sure your team(s) come prepared.
- A slide show featuring the TEAMS competitors in attendance at the conference is being planned for the TEAMS Awards Ceremony. Coaches should submit up to five photos of their team members (action shots preferred) by June 5th. Link for submitting photos.
Thank you for supporting TEAMS.