It's the hottest news in publishing today: Today many authors are bypassing traditional publishers and reaching readers by publishing their work as ebooks at relatively low cost. Digital format can achieve a readership, earn fans, create buzz, and yes, earn money. In fact, self-published e-books have cracked best seller lists and are changing the face of publishing.
If you are ready to publish your novel, short stories, essay or memoir as an eBook, this workshop is for you.
Join us as we learn how to publish and promote an eBook suitable for all formats from iPads to Kindles to Nooks.
Participants will learn the insides and out - from manuscript to finished book - of the eBook publishing process from a writer's perspective and direct personal experience.
Marcelle Soviero, author of the eBook An Iridescent Life released in May, will help participants learn how to:
- Polish and prepare the final manuscript;
- Hire a proofreader/copywriter;
- Take a good headshot/write a bio;
- Price your book in a competitive market;
- Print book or eBook only?
- List your book on search engines;
- Choose an eBook conversion company (from DIY to full service solutions);
- Design the cover (yourself, with a designer or with a company)
- Create a public relations campaign;
- Create a marketing plan (search engine optimization);
- Use social media/your website to promote the book
Participants will receive a detailed handout designed to enable them to immediately get started on the eBook publishing process.
WHERE: Westport Writers' Workshop, 3 Sylvan Road South, Westport
DATE: Saturday, June 2
TIME: 9 am to 1 pm
Limited to 15