TMCF in partnership with the WNBA and Bacardi, USA, Inc. are pleased to announce the application is available for African-American or Hispanic female students residing in New York, New Jersey or Connecticut to apply for the Inspiring Women Gold Standards Scholarship. The scholarship award is $15,000 for the 2012-2013 academic school year. The funds are applied in the fall and spring semesters at $7,500 per semester.
Online applications are due Friday, August 17, 2012 by 5:00 p.m. EST.
Students must met the following minimum criteria to apply for the award:
- Be a female of African-American or Hispanic descent
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age
- Have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent)
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident with a valid permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551
- Must apply for financial aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- Reside in Connecticut, New Jersey or New York
- Enrolled full-time as an undergraduate or graduate student in a degree seeking program at a U.S. accredited institution in the U.S., Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, or Guam in the upcoming academic year
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and service experience
Click Here to Read More on How to Apply
In addition to the Gold Standards Scholarship, there are other scholarship opportunities available. The deadline to submit an application is Wednesday, August 22, 2012 by 5:00 p.m EST for all other scholarships.