|On June 28th, the U.S. Supreme Court finally issued its long-awaited opinion on the Patient Protection & Affordable Care Act. This act focuses on health care reform legislation, upholding the individual mandate requiring most people to purchase health insurance. However, it also struck down the Medicaid expansion because it violates the Constitution. |
Designed for tax practitioners who need an update on this recent legislation, this one hour webcast will focus on the tax implications of the health care reform.
Date: Monday, July 23 at 10:00 am PT
- Tax provisions that will impact individuals and employers
- The penalty that may be imposed for failure to purchase health insurance
- How the medicare tax on "investment income" will work in 2013
- What are the implications of this decision including the impact on future insurance premiums?
- Is this the end of the legal battles?
- What are the likely legislative changes that might be made in the future?
Qualifies for 1 hour CPE for CPAs
Qualifies for 1 hour Federal Tax Law Updates for EAs and RTRPs