This unique course will focus on the Criminal and Internal Representation of law enforcement officers who are involved in Shooting situations and the Civil Liability of Officer Involved Shootings.
The class is designed to inform and update officers, agency heads, administrators, investigators and supervisors on the rights of officers, duties of the investigators and procedures when an officer or witness becomes involved in a line of duty shooting involving death or injury. It will focus on all aspects an officer and/or witness may be required to deal with in the aftermath of a shooting event.
Discussion will also include:
- Difference of Opinions ∙ Suggested Policies
- How to Mentally Train ∙ Case Law
- Voluntary Statements ∙ Fitness for Duty
- Critical Incident Amnesia ∙ Real Cases
- Memory Loss
Officer Involved Shootings is taught by George F. Hachigian. Mr. Hachigian was with the Broward County, Florida Sheriff's Office for over 11 years and is now the General Counsel's Chief of Staff for the Florida State Lodge Fraternal Order of Police Labor Council. His duties include representing law enforcement officers in all non-criminal related matters such as, chief negotiator for contract negotiations, internal affairs representation, grievance hearings, disciplinary hearings, arbitration hearings, reviewing all shooting related incidents and critical incident responses. Mr. Hachigian has handled over 250 officer involved shootings in his career and has represented law enforcement officers for over 20 years. He is the Past Chairman of the National Fraternal Order of Police Educational Services Committee.
All members of the criminal justice community (sworn or non-sworn). Training is especially valuable for agency heads, administrators, investigators and supervisors.
LENGTH: 8 hour training
Missouri City Texas Police Department
3849 Cartwright Road
Missouri City, Texas 77459
DATES & TIMES
- Friday, May 11, 2018
- Class starts at 8:00 AM Sharp - and ends at 5:00 PM (Local Time)
$199.00 per person
- Please follow the page prompts for quick, easy registration and confirmation.
Cancellations and Substitutions:
- Upon submission of this registration, participants are responsible for payment.
- Please note that if you do not attend, you are still responsible for payment.
- Substitutions may be made at any time by phone, e-mail or online at the registration site.
CLAUDE A. PICHARD, Phone: 850-251-1223