Two days! Yep, in two days we'll see you in Keystone. And for our speakers, we'll see you tomorrow for the official speaker events.
Are you excited? I am. Just taking a look at all the activities and events we have planned has my head a-reeling. If you missed the details, you can get a day-by-day listing of events and activities here. And we have a few updates, too, so read on for more conference news.
Our opening keynote speaker will be C.C. Chapman. C.C.'s keynote, Amazing Things Will Happen When Your Content Rules, will serve as an enthusiastic and motivating way to start off our weekend of education and networking.
|C.C. is a writer, speaker and passionate storyteller who creates in all mediums.|
Some updates about our food and beverage events:
Although it was originally announced that breakfast and lunch would be provided daily, some sponsorship changes have necessitated some modifications. A continental breakfast and networking event will be on Saturday morning; and during Saturday and Sunday mornings, there will be a coffee service. (Yes, we heard the complaints from last year - there will be morning coffee!) Lunches will not be included, on either day. Box lunches will be available for purchase both days for $10. On Saturday at 3 pm we will have a networking event on the Expo floor that will include tapas and cocktails. And throughout the event the SPG Lounge and Recharge Bar at TBEX will have refreshing infused water. Our Friday and Saturday evening parties tapas and drinks are included. While we regret these changes, we're still confident we're providing plenty of value for your registration fee and know you'll enjoy the events on tap.
Our Saturday morning networking breakfast will feature an appearance by Nadia G., author, and creator and host of Canada's hit Cooking Channel series Bitchin' Kitchen™. This chef-comedienne sports animal print and leather in her candy-colored kitchen, and can dish it out - the food and the humor - in style. Start your day with a bit of break snark!
We still have some events planned, but don't want to give away everything quite yet. Oh wait, did I say giveaway? Well, since I did bring it up. . . . of course, we'll have some giveaways. While I can't tell giveaway the entire list, here are a few of the items that may be going home with YOU:
- Virginia is for Lovers basket that will include Virginia wine, Virginia craft bear, a bunch of other tasty treats and more. Stop by their table on the Expo floor to drop in your business card to enter to win.
- Room Key isn't spilling the beans about their giveaway - you'll need to check your gift bag to find out about your chance to win a gift card from one of their hotel partners. Room Key is also partnering on an ed session panel about how to run a successful giveaway.
- AMEX/Starwood will be giving away points in a Twitter-themed contest.
- IFWTWA (International Food, Wine & Travel Writers Association) will be giving away a membership.
- Dominican Republic will be giving away a 4-night/5-day vacation to Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa in a Twitter contest.
- And. . . oh no, I'm not telling you ALL of it here!
- #TBEX - main hashtag
- #TBEXRR - TBEX Road Rally
- #TBEXHelp - Conference specific questions
- #KeystoneHelp - Lodging, transportation, and other resort questions
Here's a brief overview of the conference events, but for full details and explanation check the TBEX website.
- Optional day of touring in Denver
- Official speaker events in the evening
- After hours party at Wynkoop Brewing
- Road Rally from Denver to Keystone for registered participants
- Registration at Keystone
- This Week in Travel live podcast
- Gondola ride to The Outpost for evening party and dinner
- Ed Sessions
- Afternoon network reception
- Evening party and dinner
- Ed sessions
- Speed dating session
- Cupcakes with Passports with Purpose
- Evening on your own
Parking for How the West Was Fun is at the Keystone Lodge Parking Lot on Highway 6. NO parking is available at the stables. A free resort shuttle will provide transportation from the Lodge lot to The Stables.
Remember that are Friday evening event is at the top of the mountain. It will take approximately 40 minutes to go up, and you'll be in an unheated gondola. Please dress warmly and plan for an additional altitude change.
Finally, you may have heard about the forest fires in Colorado. It's a devastating situation. We asked the fire service about how it would impact our event and they have issued the following statement:
The High Park fire is located in northern Colorado, 65 miles north of Denver, and it is not impacting Denver or Denver International Airport, nor is it impacting the western corridor of I-70, gateway to Keystone, Vail, Breckenridge and Beaver Creek. Rocky Mountain National Park and the popular Indian Peaks Wilderness Area are also not impacted and have easy and open access from Denver.