Join or Renew Today
Use the colorful buttons to either join, renew, or donate online today. This is the most sustainable way to give to our mission (vs. paper). You become an active member of our community ~ farmers, gardeners, land care professionals, educators, chefs and consumers committed to growing Connecticut organically.
Your donations and up-to-date membership fuels our work providing organic-themed workshops, advocacy, and events that celebrate local foods, farmers and ecological heroes.
PLEASE CLICK HERE OR MAIL A CHECK TODAY. Thank you!
EAT & SHOP IN THEIR IN STORE IN WOODBURY
Thank you to New Morn
ing Market for generously underwriting the 2017 edition of CT NOFA's Farm & Food Guide
An Message From The Director
November 1, 2017
Dear Organic Fans:
Autumn has arrived and so has the busy season here at CT NOFA. At this time, you will find us busy with a handful of projects including:
- The Winter Conference: we are busy collecting a great line-up of speakers, securing sponsors and partners, and much more. Stay tuned for all the details coming out later this month. In the meantime, Save The Date: Saturday, March 10, 2018 for the big event!
- To apply to present at the Conference, click here.
- To be a vendor at the big event, click here.
- To send new ideas or give feedback from last year, call me directly or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Farm & Food Guide: we are just beginning to reach out to all our members to update their listings and to get new artwork from advertisers who generously support our organization. This project will continue through January and then the new guide will be off to print and ready for you - our the members - in March 2018!
ARE YOU A "FARMER'S PLEDGE" FARM? A mailing is going out next week with paper forms but why wait? Send us your 2018 Paperwork today! Just click here: click here and return the forms by mail or email. Questions? Email us!
FARM OR BUSINESS IN THE GUIDE? Check out your listing in the PDF online (homepage), type up the changes and then email the updated listing for the guide to: email@example.com
- The NOFA Standards for Organic Land Care, 6th Edition: it is now finished and off to the printers! We are pleased to present this important revision. It is a key resource for those who provide organic land care services to homes, schools, park lands, and offices everywhere. More below.
- The NOFA Organic Land Care Annual Gathering: this is an important event for all the NOFA Accredited Organic Land Care providers. This event has a list of great presentations that will also interest gardeners, designers and all sorts of organic fans
- Hosting events with agricultural partners like the USDA's NRCS and Northeast Cover Crop Council. See below for two great events in November.
- The Online Holiday Auction for Organics: coming online Nov 17-Dec 3, this a great way to find holiday presents and great deals, while supporting our organization. We are grateful for all the contributions and it is not too late to add something to the mix! Descriptions of donated items (not the item itself) are needed by Nov. 7th so we can get them online in time. Call the office, email us or click here for a Contribution Form.
Gosh. Makes me dizzy just thinking about it all! That said, it is an honor to work on this organic mission and I am very thankful for the talented organic growers and the smart organic consumers that call Connecticut home.
Without you all, the future would be bleak! So stay well and stay in touch about what is important to you when it comes to growing our access to local, organic goodness. Just drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office anytime!
All donations are tax-deductible. Please give generously.
TO DONATE NOW OR THE
TO JOIN OR RENEW TODAY. Thank you.