Greetings FCN Family.... Time for Revival is here. I know the actual revival meetings start on Sunday, April 9, and run through Wednesday, April 12, but our prayer call for Revival is "Right Here - Right Now" .... There is a sweet Spirit already in the air here at FCN and that is due to the FCN Family making their move toward the Spirit more than ever before. I sense a greater hunger for Him and a much stronger devotion to Him and that is truly changing the atmosphere here at FCN. "We never stand taller than when we are on our knees before he Lord." As we are a little over one month away from Revival, I want to encourage you to follow the Revival Prayer Guide that I have been following online in preparing myself for the upcoming Revival meetings together.
Step #1: Personal Revival
Note: If gathering for corporate prayer, this should have been done before assembling together. However, it may be necessary to take a few minutes to reflect before the Lord over the state of one's own heart before interceding for the saints and the lost. IF WE DO NOT FIRST CONFESS OUR SINS, WE CANNOT EXPECT GOD TO HEAR OUR PRAYERS (Isaiah 59:1-3). "Come near to God and He will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded." (James 4:8)
There is no mystery about what it takes to experience the manifest presence of God. We must confess and repent of sin, drawing near to God. We know that He will then draw near to us, guiding us to lose our double-mindedness and gain the mind of Christ.
"Who can discern his errors? Acquit me of hidden faults." (Psalm 19:12)
Yet there are likely sins that are hidden to us that we ought to repent of as well. This is the humble reality of the fact that we are not yet perfected. Having confessed and repented, the following verse promises us that our prayer will be of use: "Therefore, if anyone cleanses himself from these things, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified, useful to the Master, prepared for every good work." (2 Timothy 2:21)
Now we are ready to intercede and implore the Lord for corporate revival.
Step #2: Church Revival
Here we pray according to Scripture for the church as a whole. As Ephesians 6:18 says, "With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints." Pray the attached Scriptures below into these prayers.
* Pray for devotion and purity to essential doctrines. (Jude 3)
* Pray that false teachers will be discovered and put out from the flock. (Revelation 2:20)
* Pray that the church will rediscover its first love of the work and person of Christ.
* Pray that unity, love, hope, holiness, and good works will be manifested by the church so that it can be effective salt and light. (John 17:21; John 13:34-35; 1 Peter 3:15, Hebrews 12:14; Matthew 5:16)
* Pray that pastors would preach the Word faithfully, reproving & exhorting as necessary.
(2 Tim. 4:2)
* Pray that Christians will grow up into maturity in the knowledge of Christ & His Word.
* Pray for more Christians to devote themselves to prayer and the ministry of the Word.
* Pray for God to raise up workers and evangelists for His harvest. (Matthew 9:37-38)
* Pray for brokenness over the eternal state of the lost. (Luke 15:8-9)
* Pray for marriages and families to be strengthened. (Ephesians 5:22-6:4)
* Pray for humility. (1 Peter 5:6)
* Pray that the church will seek the wisdom of God and not of man. (James 1:5)
Of course, this is just a sample of things to pray for as there are many things we could pray for concerning revival and the church. Let the Spirit lead your prayers.
Step #3: Evangelization of the Unsaved
A revived church must engage in evangelism. However, the Bible makes it very clear that no one seeks after God unless the Holy Spirit first draws him. Therefore, we must pray that God would open hearts to repent and receive His Son.
* Pray that the captives of the devil would be released. (2 Timothy 2:26)
* Pray that the dead would be made alive in Christ. (Ephesians 2:1-7)
* Pray for the lost to repent. (Luke 13:5)
* Pray for the Holy Spirit to convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment. (John 16:8)
* Pray for seeds to sprout and take root because they fall on receptive hearts. (Luke 8:4-15)
* Pray for revived Christians to be faithful in witnessing. (Acts 1:8)
We should also intercede on behalf of specific individuals for salvation, we ought to pray for specific social ills in the community, and we ought to pray for our leaders. Remember to be lifting our Evangelist Stephen Manley and Song Evangelist Brian Arner.
Let us remember that effective prayer is not checking off a checklist, but it is praying as the Spirit leads us according to God's Word for the things with which He burdens our hearts. It is never about doing things for God, but it is about God accomplishing His reviving work in and through us such that it touches others as well.
Blessings on ya,