The holiday season is the perfect time to share our gratitude and vision for 2017. Thank you for your continued support as Midas strives to achieve our vision of an economy where individuals and families thrive. As we close out 2016, we look back on a year that reinforced the need for a varied and collaborative approach in advancing financial security. In 2017, t
here will be uncertainty with the new administration but our work has never been clearer.
We have to build our network and leverage our resources to protect and uplift those we serve - they are counting on us.
Following our discussion about Collaborating for Economic Security with members, partners and stakeholders at our December 13th meeting, we have a
. That pathway requires communication, engagement at various levels, and highlighting the best policies and practices to ensure Massachusetts is a leader in economic justice.
Here's What You Can Do Next in 2017:
- Attend the MassSaves Summit: Building & Safeguarding Your Financial Future
- Friday, April 28, 2017 @ Worcester State University
- Join the Raise Up Massachusetts Coalition
Participate in our "Town Hall" meeting - June 2017
- Take action on our "Call-in day" to safeguard funding for vital programs - spring 2017
- Join our policy roundtable discussion - February 2017
- Call your state legislator in support of the Debt Collections Fairness Act
- Check out MassSaves.org and ConsumerFinance.gov for financial education, resources, and tips
- As you determine your holiday giving, please consider supporting Midas by clicking here. For as little as $35, you can help create a better tomorrow for Midas clients. Your support will go towards financial coaching, savings incentives, financial empowerment, training of trainers, advocacy and much more!
We look forward to coordinating a response to this new political environment with concrete actions to ensure a stronger financial future for low and moderate income households. Thank you for joining with us. We are in this together.
Sending you warm wishes for wonderful holidays and a happy New Year.