Yoga Cancelled on:
Friday, August 31 and Monday, September 3.
Guest Preacher on Sunday,
September 2, 2018
This Sunday, our
will be Alison Forbes.
Please join us!
A Request From Nathan Medley, Our Director of Music
On Sunday, I invite you to explore the practice of singing the Psalm.
We will join a tradition with a rich history extending back thousands of years and in line with Colossians 3:16 which reads,"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs with thankfulness in your hearts to God." While the Psalms looks like another book of the bible, consider the Psalter as the original Hymnal for the early church. Even within the psalms we find the instruction "Sing to the Lord a new song" (Psalm 96). And WE WILL SING! As a foray into the practice, we begin with the Responsorial Psalm structure: I will initially act as the 'reader', introduce the sung response to you, and then we will use the response congregationally as a refrain between verses. I am thrilled to be on this journey, breathing musical life into these 150 Psalms.
Tuesday, September 4, 2018 at 8:00pm
Meet at Dunwoody Tavern for fellowship and some friendly competition on Tuesday, August 7. The game begins at 8:00pm and we gather beforehand to claim a spot and grab a bite or a drink.
Christian Formation classes for the Fall start on Sunday, September 9, 2018!
YOUTH CHRISTIAN FORMATION OFFERINGS - Click here for registration form.
CHILDREN CHRISTIAN FORMATION OFFERINGS - Click here for registration form.
Children's classes run from 9:00-10:15am.
- Nursery - Room 6: Care for infants and children up to age four is provided on Sunday mornings in Room 6, 8:30am-noon, with the wonderful Marias.
- Little Lambs - Room 6: Ages 3 and 4 begin in the Nursery, and then move next door to an adjoining room for a half hour of story, craft, and music, after which they return to the nursery for additional play time.
- Agape - Room 4: Kindergarten through Fourth Graders meet and use the curriculum "Living the Good News" and building community.
- Club 5/6 - Room 7: Fifth and Sixth graders meet and use the curriculum "Living the Good News," building community, and preparing to move into St. Pat's youth program the following year. Teachers design fun "field trips" around the church as part of the lesson.
Youth classes run from 9:00-10:15am.
- The Rites of Passage Class (Rite 13: 6th-7th Grades) - Room 12: A major component of J2A is the way it is structured around Rites of Passage that mark the transition of young people from childhood to adulthood.
- J2A Class (8th-9th Grades) - Room 3: This class begins a two-year preparation for a Holy Pilgrimage. This sacred journey has the potential to transform not just the young pilgrims who travel, but also the congregation who has sent them forth.
- YEA (10th-12th Grades) - Room 14: The YEA class has learned to pray, to share their faith with each other and they have traveled to sacred places where others have found God. This last piece of the journey into adulthood seeks to actively equip and enable them to be a part of God's healing presence in the world. Confirmation is offered in this class.
We rejoice to announce that Nathan Medley, our Director of Music, will also be working with the children and youth on a regular basis as a part of their Sunday morning Christian Formation.
8:45-9:00am J2A and YEA in the Adult Choir Room
9:00-9:10am Kindergarten through fourth grade in their Sunday School room
9:10-9:25am Rite-13, playing the bells in the Youth Music Room (Room 10)
9:25-9:45am Club 5/6 in the Youth Music Room (Room 10)
ADULT CHRISTIAN FORMATION OFFERINGS:
Adult classes run from 9:15-10:15am.
- The Forum - Parlor: This fall we will begin with a book study of A Dangerous Dozen: 12 ChristiansWho Threatened the Status Quo but Taught Us To Live Like Jesus by The Rev. Canon C.K. Robertson, Ph.D. This class will be led by Mo. Julia. Books are available for purchase through Amazon.
- Scripture Study - Room 8: The Constitution of the Kingdom of Heaven on Earth. Class begins at 9:00am.
- Art Community - Room 15: Doing Art Looking Up.
- Dreams - Library: Listening to God.
Sunday, September 9, 2018
After the 10:30am Service
Please join us after church for bagels, beverages, balls and belly laughs!
Book Discussion Group--Grateful by Diana Butler Bass
Join Bonnie Stephenson and Sharon McWhorter in a discussion about the transformative power of gratitude based on the book
Grateful by Diana Butler Bass.
The program will be held on the following Fridays from 10:00-11:30am in the Gathering Room:
September 21, October 5, October 19, and November 2
You will want to read this book and join in our lively discussion. The book is available on Amazon. There are also two copies in the St. Patrick's library. An outline of the sessions can be found in the Narthex on the information table.
September 7-9: Happening Weekend
September 9: Christian
September 9: Young Families Lunch
September 15: Urban Adventure
September 29: Labyrinth Night
, 6-7pm is geared for children 10 and under
September 29: Rite 13 Rehearsal and Dinner
September 30: Rite 13 Ceremony at 10:30am service
Christian formation classes for children and youth are on summer break.
Below is information for our adult classes.
- Scripture class, the Constitution of the Kingdom of Heaven on Earth, will meet at 9:00 AM in room 8. Walk-ins are welcome!
- Art Lab will be open for studio time in room 15.
- The Dream Class will not meet during the summer.
Plan to come a little early to grab a cup of coffee or tea and just socialize before the 10:30 AM service!
Our nursery will open at
10:00 AM during the summer and the Marias will lovingly take care of
our little ones. The nursery is in room 6.