SOME WINTER SURVIVAL TIPS FROM WONDERBAR USA!
The choices we make every day show on our skin. Worry and lack of sleep can both affect the way we look on the outside, along with the products we choose. Healthy choices will give us that healthy glow we all strive for.
This is the time of year that we really need to pay attention to our insides and outsides. The harsh elements, indoor heaters and the lack of natural sunlight can cause dehydration and dryness.
To sum it up: Winter can be difficult..
Here is a little advice on taking care of your skin during the next few months:
- Layer. After rinsing off the Wonderbar, apply an antioxidant/vitamin serum, then a natural small-molecule oil (apricot, avocado, jojoba) and finally seal it in with a sun block (physical containing zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide).
- Layer your lips as well. If you wear lipstick, but a balm on under to keep them moist, hydrated and cracked and chapped free.
- Use oils on your hands and feet. Apply after shower or bath and keep on all night by wearing cotton gloves and booties to sleep.
- Keep mineral oil, petroleum, and coco butter off your lips. Look for lip products that contain shea butter, avocado oil, and apricot oil.
- Wear natural fibers so your skin can breath.
- Skip the long, hot showers. Luke warm, shorter showers are best.
- Moisturize in the bath or shower with a salt or sugar scrub. Look for scrubs with butters and oils, not glycerin or chemical cocktails.
Don't ever confuse hydration with moisture. You can have oily skin and still not be properly hydrated. In order to beat the winter blahs, you need to be both properly hydrated and moisturized. Drink plenty of water, and lock water in your skin by applying oils and moisturizers in the shower. Keep your face pH-balanced with the Wonderbar and hydrated with a face serum high in hydraulic acid, and seal with apricot oil. Fluid between the cells is imperative for healthy skin. It allows both what you are applying to be absorbed and waste to be expelled.
You don't need to spend a fortune....a Wonderbar (cleanser, toner, exfoliate), a good serum and a moisturizing oil is really all you need!
And actually, while we are on the subject....let us send you some of our new Apricot Oil with your purchase of any size Wonderbar!
Happy Holidays from WonderbarUSA!