* April 10 - Virginia District Rally
at 4:45pm at Hampton Friends Church with guest speaker Dr. Wayne Evans, General Superintendent.
* April 24 - Northeastern Ohio District Rally
at 6pm at Salem First Friends Church. Details below or at www.efcer.org.
* April 24 - Western Ohio District Rally at Mount Carmel Friends Church. Guest speaker Randy Heckert will speak on discipleship and spiritual formation.
* April 29- May 1 - EFC-ER Men's Retreat
at Heartland Retreat Center in Marengo, OH. Details at
* May 10-13 - Spring Pastors' Conference
at Oglebay Resort in Wheeling, WV. A $50 late fee will be added if registrations are postmarked after March 28.
* July 10-15 - Malone University "Youth on the Way" Leadership Academy
at Malone University for high school students.
More information, including application/registration information, is available on Malone's website:
* July 23-26 - Friends Youth United
at Malone University in Canton, OH for students in 6th-12th grade. For updates, photos, and videos, like Friends Youth United on Facebook. Download the flyer here and brochures here.
* July 23-26 - Yearly Meeting
at Malone University in Canton, OH.
* September 23-25 - Southern Women's Missionary Fellowship Retreat
at the Hilton Garden Inn in Kitty Hawk, North Carolina.
* October 7-9 - Northern Women's Missionary Fellowship Retreat
at the Carlisle Inn in Sugarcreek, OH.
The guest speaker for both women's retreats will be Stephanie Fast who will share on the topic of "All Things Are Possible." Check out her website at www.stephaniefast.org.
Men's Retreat: April 29 - May 1, 2016
"Can God Move This Mountain?"
The History, the Challenge, and the Opportunity that Islam Presents
Men in Missions Retreat is an annual weekend offered to men of all ages from EFC-ER churches. Expect a great weekend of fellowship and lots of fun! A great location with activities planned for all ages. The weekend has also become a great memory for fathers and sons.
This year will feature guest speaker John Ryser, pastor at Damascus Friends Church in Damascus, Ohio. There will also be break out sessions with Bruce Bell, Henry Crall, Norbu Tamang, and Quint Bryan. For more information on location and activities, d
ownload the brochure
. Also, click on the video to the left or visit
National Day of Prayer at Jackson Friends Church
Join Jackson Friends Church for an evening of prayer and worship on Thursday, May 5, 2016. Music begins at 5:50pm and there will be a program from 6-6:30pm. This event will be held outside unless there is inclement weather, at which point it will be moved inside.
And this is the confidence we have toward Him, that if we ask anything according to His will,
He hears us." - 1 John 5:14 (ESV)
News You Can Use
We are looking for someone willing to do child care for the Spring Pastors' Conference in May. This would be Tuesday, May 10, morning (for MAB interviews) through Thursday, May 12, night and only during conference session meetings (Tuesday night, Wednesday & Thursday mornings and evenings). All lodging and meal expenses will be covered. Contact Pastor Pete Fowler (
) or Pastor Rich Bennett (
- Earlier this year we announced that Cindy Aufrance planned to speak in our churches for several months, focusing on women's ministry. Due to husband Dave's upcoming surgery, Cindy will have an abbreviated trip to the US when her granddaughter is born and then return to Hong Kong. Consequently, Cindy will not be speaking in our churches this spring or summer.
- We welcome Dr. Reverend Vicki Breckner as the pastor at Barberton Evangelical Friends Church in Barberton, Ohio.
- There is an open pastoral position at Mansfield First Friends Church in Mansfield, Ohio. Contact Randy Heckert for more information.
- Dan Cammack (Executive Director of Evangelical Friends Mission, pictured right)
will be in Eastern
Region the first two Sundays in May. If you would like to schedule him to speak in your church Sunday morning or evening, please call or email Julie (
) at the office.
- Attention Treasurers: The correct number for our pension consultant, Mario Giganti, is
1-330-896-6250. The number printed on the pension remittance form is incorrect.
For more information and updates, please visit our website at www.efcer.org or contact us at 330-493-1660. We will be glad to assist you.
1 - Please continue to pray for PK Sam (missionary to India) who has improved slightly but is still in the hospital because of an infection.
2 - We lift up the entire Jim and Wanda Weeks family in prayer as they deal with various health issues.
By now your church should have received the Camp Gideon brochures and posters.
Please note that the first week'
s camp has a correction in the grade guidelines
. Adventure Camp should be for grades 4-6. Please feel free to make the corrections on the brochures your church received. The corrected brochures may be downloaded here or on the website.
Our Camp Gideon counselors are in the process of raising their financial support for the summer. If you would like to give a general gift or a gift for a specific counselor, send your contribution marked "Gideon Staff Support" to the Eastern Region office. Checks may be made out to "Camp Gideon." You can print the form here. Thank you for partnering with Camp Gideon and Eastern Region to further Christ's Kingdom by supporting this year's leaders at Camp Gideon!
Quotes for the Week
A holy life will produce the deepest impression. Lighthouses blow no horns; they only shine.
- Dwight L. Moody
In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.
- Matthew 5:16
5350 Broadmoor Circle NW, Canton, Ohio 44709
Copyright © 20XX. All Rights Reserved.